Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I change a drive icon?

How do I change a drive icon?

rfdjr1@optonline.net

Ever since I installed some program, the icon for my G drive, which is a
CD drive, shows up as some stupid cow, instead of the generic CD drive
icon. How can I change it? I checked on the drive properties, but
there's no option to change the icon. Any help? Thanks.

Ole

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ever since I installed some program, the icon for my G drive, which is

> CD drive, shows up as some stupid cow, instead of the generic CD drive
> icon. How can I change it? I checked on the drive properties, but
> there's no option to change the icon. Any help? Thanks.

Happened to me after my marriage , however, in your case I suspect you
have a gateway cd in your drive and many cd's will enter a different
icon of their choosing for any particular application. Remove the cd and
all will be well.

gangle

What was the "some program"? What is your OS?
What is your shoe size?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Ever since I installed some program, the icon for my G drive, which is a
> CD drive, shows up as some stupid cow, instead of the generic CD drive
> icon. How can I change it? I checked on the drive properties, but
> there's no option to change the icon. Any help? Thanks.

Patrick

gangle wrote:
> What was the "some program"? What is your OS?
> What is your shoe size?

and,
Has the Moo-Cow been milked today ?

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Ever since I installed some program, the icon for my G drive, which
>> is a CD drive, shows up as some stupid cow, instead of the generic
>> CD drive icon. How can I change it? I checked on the drive
>> properties, but there's no option to change the icon. Any help?
>> Thanks.

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I actually forget what the program was. But the CD has long been out of
my drive and the icon still shows up. I've used other CDs on many
occassions and the cow icon is still there. I have nothing that is
Gateway, and my operating system is Windows 98SE.

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Ever since I installed some program, the icon for my G drive, which is

>> CD drive, shows up as some stupid cow, instead of the generic CD drive
>> icon. How can I change it? I checked on the drive properties, but
>> there's no option to change the icon. Any help? Thanks.
>>

> Happened to me after my marriage , however, in your case I suspect you
>have a gateway cd in your drive and many cd's will enter a different
>icon of their choosing for any particular application. Remove the cd and
>all will be well.

darkrats

Get a copy of TweakUI and "repair all icons".