Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Shortcut on Taskbar Windows XP

Shortcut on Taskbar Windows XP

Cheswick

Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
We can do that in Windows ME...

I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...

chet

me

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:19:16 GMT, Cheswick <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
>We can do that in Windows ME...
>
>I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
>
>chet

Right-click the taskbar, "Toolbars", select "Quick Launch", and unlock the
taskbar. Now just drag the shortcut to the taskbar, and lock the taskbar
when done.

robert andrews

1st create your shortcut on the desktop. right click on the task bar,
uncheck where it says "lock the taskbar", move the slider over, then drag
your shortcut from your desktop over to the taskbar, then delete the desktop
shortcut
"Cheswick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9453D8E8EF8F1DammSpamcforceatlant@207.106. 93.150...
> Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
> We can do that in Windows ME...
>
> I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
>
> chet

Senti

"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:19:16 GMT, Cheswick <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
> >We can do that in Windows ME...
> >
> >I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
> >
> >chet

> Right-click the taskbar, "Toolbars", select "Quick Launch", and unlock

the
> taskbar. Now just drag the shortcut to the taskbar, and lock the taskbar
> when done.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't have to unlock the taskbar to drag a
shortcut to it... I just drag and drop while the taskbar is locked...

Unk

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:12:28 -0600, "Senti" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ws.com...
>> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:19:16 GMT, Cheswick <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Is it possible to put shortcuts on the task bar in Windows XP?
>> >We can do that in Windows ME...
>> >
>> >I hope Im at the right place, if not what site...
>> >
>> >chet

>> Right-click the taskbar, "Toolbars", select "Quick Launch", and unlock

>the
>> taskbar. Now just drag the shortcut to the taskbar, and lock the taskbar
>> when done.

>Maybe it's just me, but I don't have to unlock the taskbar to drag a
>shortcut to it... I just drag and drop while the taskbar is locked...

True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too far to
the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the spin box to show
the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past the last icon, and lock
it again.

Senti

"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:12:28 -0600, "Senti" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) ws.com...
> >> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 03:19:16 GMT, Cheswick

<(E-Mail Removed)>

> >> Right-click the taskbar, "Toolbars", select "Quick Launch", and unlock

> >the
> >> taskbar. Now just drag the shortcut to the taskbar, and lock the

taskbar
> >> when done.

> >Maybe it's just me, but I don't have to unlock the taskbar to drag a
> >shortcut to it... I just drag and drop while the taskbar is locked...
> >

> True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too far to
> the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the spin box to

show
> the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past the last icon, and

lock
> it again.

That's right. Sorry, my bad... I keep forgetting the quicklaunch bar isn't
shown by default. It's always one of the first things I do after an install

trout

Unk wrote:
<snip>

> True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too
> far to the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the
> spin box to show the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past
> the last icon, and lock it again.

Hey; long time no see....
--
"Comcast? Did you move?"

Unk

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:57:44 -0800, "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Unk wrote:
><snip>
>
>> True, but "Quick Launch" has to be enabled and if the slider is too
>> far to the left, the shortcut won't show. You'd have to click the
>> spin box to show the link. Unlock the taskbar, move the slider past
>> the last icon, and lock it again.

> Hey; long time no see....

I had a nasty encounter with a heart attack.

>"Comcast? Did you move?"

Yes. Verizon DSL isn't available here and Comcast isn't all that reliable
either. ( If you ever saw what I have to do to get it to work, you''d
have a good laugh.

Thanks for the "hello".

OMG!!! Glad to see you survived! I hope you are watching your fat
intake and keeping a check on your blood pressure.

Unk <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the following words
news:(E-Mail Removed):

--
@}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com