Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Are Biostar and MSI considered good motherboard manufacturers?

Are Biostar and MSI considered good motherboard manufacturers?

Joe

Do they have quality, reliability, and warranty equal to ASUS and Abit?

Thanks.

Rob K

"Joe" wrote in <FpLDb.66308$8y1.255623@attbi_s52> :
> Do they have quality, reliability, and warranty equal to ASUS and Abit?
> Thanks.

That's asking quite a lot in general terms.
The *only* answer: "That's a matter of opinion "

Maybe you'll find sthg useful in Tom's Hardeware Guide and on the
Anandtech site. Google for them, easy to find.

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:

bobster

I've had a Biostar M6TLA with an Intel P11 300MHZ CPU and Win 95 =>
Win98 since Feb. 1998. Used daily with ZERO problems. Replaced the
battery once -- probably needs it again as clock loses time. System
works so well I'm very reluctant to upgrade but lack of W98 support may
force me. Rarely see a BSOD. Reboot and defrag weekly by choice, not
necessity.

One data point -- not necessarily a recommendation.

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

> Do they have quality, reliability, and warranty equal to ASUS and Abit?

I've used MSI boards since the 486-33 days, and they've always been
good boards. Like Asus, Abit, Biostar, and most everyone else, they had the
spat of bad caps ... I've gotten pretty darn good at doing 6116/6119 boards
<B-)

Biostar looks to do good boards - the six I've got out at my
customer's sites work good. Wish they had better BIOS support, though ...

RwP

ImhoTech

"bobster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I've had a Biostar M6TLA with an Intel P11 300MHZ CPU and Win 95 =>
> Win98 since Feb. 1998. Used daily with ZERO problems. Replaced the
> battery once -- probably needs it again as clock loses time. System
> works so well I'm very reluctant to upgrade but lack of W98 support may
> force me. Rarely see a BSOD. Reboot and defrag weekly by choice, not
> necessity.
>
> One data point -- not necessarily a recommendation.

Well, I'll agree one or two good experiences don't neccesarily make a
reccomendation, but anyway I just tossed a biostar 8500 and P-200 combo, I
bought them used 5 years ago. Still worked but needed everything else, just
couldn't justify the expense for the other parts.