Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Thought-free registry cleaner wanted

Thought-free registry cleaner wanted

SlowwHand

SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
can't mess up if I try.
One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of my
hands?
No. I don't ask for much, do I?
Anyone?

Brian H

SlowwHand said:

> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
> can't mess up if I try.
> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of my
> hands?
> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
> Anyone?

The one I use, which is pretty idiot-proof is RegSeeker.
Links on my software page.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

Mike

There is *no such thing*.

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:49:50 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
SlowwHand scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Fred

"SlowwHand" <Don'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free,

that I
> can't mess up if I try.
> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out

of my
> hands?
> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
> Anyone?

What about Easy Cleaner 2.0 ?
Can anyone shed some light on this one, please?
Fred

SlowwHand

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:2kKDb.4729$(E-Mail Removed)...
> SlowwHand said:
>
> > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
> > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
> > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that

> > can't mess up if I try.
> > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out

of my
> > hands?
> > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
> > Anyone?

> The one I use, which is pretty idiot-proof is RegSeeker.
> Links on my software page.
>
> --
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
>
> So if I run this, and it flags something, I can just delete what's

flagged?
That's what you're telling me, isn't it?
Because if that's what you're saying, I'll do it. Let me tell you though, if
the registry gets all jacked up, again, I may get hostile.

Rob K

"SlowwHand" wrote in <(E-Mail Removed)> :
<snip>
> I don't ask for much, do I?

No, you don't ask for much.

Just for a program that lets you perform surgery in a completly
thought-free way.

You'll just have to accept that certain things in life require skill
and experience. And a bit of knowledge, maybe.

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:

Jammer

RegCleaner

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
SlowwHand <Don'(E-Mail Removed)> typed: With a
> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free,
> that I can't mess up if I try.
> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making
> out of my hands?
> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
> Anyone?

Jammer

http://www.jv16.org/
In news:L5LDb.6408$(E-Mail Removed),
Jammer <(E-Mail Removed)> typed: With a
> RegCleaner
>
> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> SlowwHand <Don'(E-Mail Removed)> typed: With a
>> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
>> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
>> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free,
>> that I can't mess up if I try.
>> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making
>> out of my hands?
>> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
>> Anyone?

Brian H

SlowwHand said:

> "Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> news:2kKDb.4729$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> SlowwHand said:
>>
>>> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
>>> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
>>> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
>>> can't mess up if I try.
>>> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of my
>>> hands?
>>> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
>>> Anyone?

>> The one I use, which is pretty idiot-proof is RegSeeker.
>> Links on my software page.
>>
>> --
>> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
>> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
>>
>> So if I run this, and it flags something, I can just delete what's

> flagged?
> That's what you're telling me, isn't it?
> Because if that's what you're saying, I'll do it. Let me tell you though, if
> the registry gets all jacked up, again, I may get hostile.

No, I'm telling you that it's pretty idiot-proof, not totally idiot-proof.

Brian H

Jammer said:

> RegCleaner

It leaves to much guesswork for my liking.