Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Thought-free registry cleaner wanted

Thought-free registry cleaner wanted

robert andrews

go to this link and download this program , once it is installed start the
program and go to "tools-registry cleanup-do them all"
http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-dow...regcleaner.exe
"SlowwHand" <Don'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
> program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
> Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
> can't mess up if I try.
> One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of

my
> hands?
> No. I don't ask for much, do I?
> Anyone?

SlowwHand

RegClean, now version 4.1A, is brought up here a few times, and has a
positive opinion rate of 93% at CNET.
So, I'm going with RegClean, with this link as a backup if I don't feel
comfortable with RegClean.
Thanks all.

"robert andrews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uYVDb.8356$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> go to this link and download this program , once it is installed start the
> program and go to "tools-registry cleanup-do them all"
> http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-dow...regcleaner.exe
> "SlowwHand" <Don'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
> > program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
> > Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that

> > can't mess up if I try.
> > One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out

of
> my
> > hands?
> > No. I don't ask for much, do I?
> > Anyone?

Rick Merrill

me wrote:

> Registry Clean Expert http://www.registry-clean.net/
> and/or Norton Utilities "WinDoctor"
> Both are pretty good and both have an "undo" in the rare case that it
> removed something that was still needed.

What bugs me is, When and How do you find out that
"something" is "still needed?" Is it not all
too liable to be days or weeks later that the
discovery is 'made' - and then you won't be sure
what caused the problem. Please enlighten. - RM

Brian H

Rick Merrill said:

> me wrote:
>

>> Registry Clean Expert http://www.registry-clean.net/
>> and/or Norton Utilities "WinDoctor"
>> Both are pretty good and both have an "undo" in the rare case that it
>> removed something that was still needed.
>>

> What bugs me is, When and How do you find out that
> "something" is "still needed?" Is it not all
> too liable to be days or weeks later that the
> discovery is 'made' - and then you won't be sure
> what caused the problem. Please enlighten. - RM

Prevention is easier than cure, and as most people haven't got the foggiest idea
how to protect themselves.......................

[ Doc Jeff ]

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:49:50 -0600, "SlowwHand"
<Don'(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>SOMEONE posted a link to a site that also touted a registry cleaning
>program. Suffice to say, it was terrible.
>Does anyone know a registry cleaning program that is thought-free, that I
>can't mess up if I try.
>One that will just flag for deletion, and take any decision-making out of my
>hands?
>No. I don't ask for much, do I?
>Anyone?

The problem with making software idiot-proof* is that the universe
creates incredibly clever idiots*. Also, since no two computer users
are the same or work the same way, it's kind of difficult to determine
what is idiot-proof* for both.

I use jv16 Power Tools (free version) and am quite satisfied with how
it works.

* - these terms are not meant to imply the original poster is or will
be an idiot.