Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Avertising my web site.

Avertising my web site.

Gordon Bennett

Hi All,

Re: Advertising my web site.

I need some help, and perhaps someone would be kind enough to
advise me.

I have a web site and would very much like to display the link to it
below the two dashes.

The reason I ask, is because it might be considered Spam, but I'm not
sure. My intention would be to help out as much as possible here to
get people to go to my site which is all free.

Given my knowledge, I would hope to make a great contribution,
but I really need exposure to my site, and this board seems the best
place. I estimate mailing this board about 1500 to 2000 times a week
if that enough.

Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first revealing
what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.

FYI: I'm using a friends machine to mail here for the time being, until
my machine is fixed. Thanks.

Thank to you all again in advance.
--
Gordon
Sydney

Jim PKP

Gordon Bennett wrote:

> Given my knowledge, I would hope to make a great contribution,
> but I really need exposure to my site, and this board seems the best
> place. I estimate mailing this board about 1500 to 2000 times a week
> if that enough.

I think 1,800 to 2,500 times per week would be more appropriate.

--
Jim PKP

John Holmes

Gordon Bennett came up with this:

<snip>

> Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first revealing
> what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.

Yes, I have objections. You could be running a ****ing child-porn site!
In which case you shouldn't be offered any help!! OK, if it's a normal
porn site, I would like to know the contents...

Anyhow, you'll have to reveal what's on your site anyway to get any help.

--
John Holmes, aTheist #666

"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

CB

"Gordon Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hi All,
>
> Re: Advertising my web site.
>
> I need some help, and perhaps someone would be kind enough to
> advise me.
>
> I have a web site and would very much like to display the link to it
> below the two dashes.
>
> The reason I ask, is because it might be considered Spam, but I'm not
> sure. My intention would be to help out as much as possible here to
> get people to go to my site which is all free.
>
> Given my knowledge, I would hope to make a great contribution,
> but I really need exposure to my site, and this board seems the best
> place. I estimate mailing this board about 1500 to 2000 times a week
> if that enough.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first revealing
> what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.
>
> FYI: I'm using a friends machine to mail here for the time being, until
> my machine is fixed. Thanks.
>
> Thank to you all again in advance.

Gordon Bennett! I like it:-0

CB
--
Craven and District Bird News
http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds

pcbutts1

It is ok in your signature. No more then 4 lines. Yes it does work I have
actually gotten good business from mine and also some idiots who tried to
report me to me.

"Gordon Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hi All,
>
> Re: Advertising my web site.
>
> I need some help, and perhaps someone would be kind enough to
> advise me.
>
> I have a web site and would very much like to display the link to it
> below the two dashes.
>
> The reason I ask, is because it might be considered Spam, but I'm not
> sure. My intention would be to help out as much as possible here to
> get people to go to my site which is all free.
>
> Given my knowledge, I would hope to make a great contribution,
> but I really need exposure to my site, and this board seems the best
> place. I estimate mailing this board about 1500 to 2000 times a week
> if that enough.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first revealing
> what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.
>
> FYI: I'm using a friends machine to mail here for the time being, until
> my machine is fixed. Thanks.
>
> Thank to you all again in advance.
> --
> Gordon
> Sydney

trout

pcbutts1 wrote:

> It is ok in your signature. No more then 4 lines. Yes it does work I
> have actually gotten good business from mine and also some idiots who
> tried to report me to me.

If you were posting "1500 to 2000 times a week"; not only would I
report you to you; but you'd probably take disciplinary action against
yourself.

--
"How would you have time to *run* a business?"

Boomer

"pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:7dcEb.8986$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net:

> It is ok in your signature. No more then 4 lines. Yes it does work
> I have actually gotten good business from mine and also some
> idiots who tried to report me to me.

>> "Gordon Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Check the headers.

pcbutts1

I would probably fine myself $1 for every post.

news:brrmob$66el3$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>
> > It is ok in your signature. No more then 4 lines. Yes it does work I
> > have actually gotten good business from mine and also some idiots who
> > tried to report me to me.

> If you were posting "1500 to 2000 times a week"; not only would I
> report you to you; but you'd probably take disciplinary action against
> yourself.
>
> > "Gordon Bennett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> <snip>
>
> >> Given my knowledge, I would hope to make a great contribution,
> >> but I really need exposure to my site, and this board seems the best
> >> place. I estimate mailing this board about 1500 to 2000 times a week
> >> if that enough.

> --
> "How would you have time to *run* a business?"

bob

John Holmes wrote:

> Gordon Bennett came up with this:
>
> <snip>
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if this is okay or not, without me first
> > revealing what's on my site? I hope nobody has any objections.

> Yes, I have objections. You could be running a ****ing child-porn
> site! In which case you shouldn't be offered any help!! OK, if it's
> a normal porn site, I would like to know the contents...
>
> Anyhow, you'll have to reveal what's on your site anyway to get any
> help.

I think your efforts are wonderful.

paul

test