Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mouse / freeze problem

mouse / freeze problem

john in mtl

hi

since 2 days ago, the mouse arrow will suddenly freeze when i'm using the
mouse, then the arrow will start shooting all over the screen, then all the
open applications freeze.

i'm on win98se, plenty of ram.
never had this problem before.

now when i boot, i often get error:
'fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C0000000'

the problem started almost immediately after i installed a hangman game. i
uninstalled, but the problem persists.

just in case, i did a full norton antivirus check, and came up clean.

i've checked the plugs in the back of the cpu to make sure everything is
tight, but that didn't help.

help would be appreciated.
thanks
john.

mark mandel

"john in mtl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:soGDb.110503$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> hi
>
> since 2 days ago, the mouse arrow will suddenly freeze when i'm using the
> mouse, then the arrow will start shooting all over the screen, then all

the
> open applications freeze.
>
> i'm on win98se, plenty of ram.
> never had this problem before.
>
> now when i boot, i often get error:
> 'fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C0000000'
>
> the problem started almost immediately after i installed a hangman game. i
> uninstalled, but the problem persists.
>
> just in case, i did a full norton antivirus check, and came up clean.
>
> i've checked the plugs in the back of the cpu to make sure everything is
> tight, but that didn't help.
>
> help would be appreciated.
> thanks
> john.

This may require a more thorough install like all references to the game in
the Registry.

mark mandel

"mark mandel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:trGDb.6811$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...

> "john in mtl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:soGDb.110503$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > hi
> >
> > since 2 days ago, the mouse arrow will suddenly freeze when i'm using

the
> > mouse, then the arrow will start shooting all over the screen, then all

> the
> > open applications freeze.
> >
> > i'm on win98se, plenty of ram.
> > never had this problem before.
> >
> > now when i boot, i often get error:
> > 'fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C0000000'
> >
> > the problem started almost immediately after i installed a hangman game.

> > uninstalled, but the problem persists.
> >
> > just in case, i did a full norton antivirus check, and came up clean.
> >
> > i've checked the plugs in the back of the cpu to make sure everything is
> > tight, but that didn't help.
> >
> > help would be appreciated.
> > thanks
> > john.
> >

> This may require a more thorough install like all references to the game

in
> the Registry.

I'm sorry, I meant a more thorough "uninstall" instead of install. Good
thing I re-check this post!

mark

°Mike°

Fatal Exception Errors
http://aumha.org/win4/kbefe.htm

Bad RAM Causes Fatal Exception Errors Running Windows 95-98

What Are Fatal Exception Errors

Troubleshooting Fatal Exception Errors
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=150314#1

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:29:18 -0500, in
<soGDb.110503$(E-Mail Removed)>
john in mtl scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

john in mtl

ok.
so what i did was take another mouse, plug it into a different port.
and hey i noticed the fan was clogged with dust (err a ton of dust).
cleaned that out.
the interior was much too hot.
waited til everything cooled down.
and it's working.
thanks guys for your help

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Fatal Exception Errors
> http://aumha.org/win4/kbefe.htm
>
> Bad RAM Causes Fatal Exception Errors Running Windows 95-98
>
> What Are Fatal Exception Errors
>
> Troubleshooting Fatal Exception Errors
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=150314#1
>

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:29:18 -0500, in
> <soGDb.110503$(E-Mail Removed)>
> john in mtl scrawled:
>
> >hi
> >
> >since 2 days ago, the mouse arrow will suddenly freeze when i'm using the
> >mouse, then the arrow will start shooting all over the screen, then all

the
> >open applications freeze.
> >
> >i'm on win98se, plenty of ram.
> >never had this problem before.
> >
> >now when i boot, i often get error:
> >'fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C0000000'
> >
> >the problem started almost immediately after i installed a hangman game.

> >uninstalled, but the problem persists.
> >
> >just in case, i did a full norton antivirus check, and came up clean.
> >
> >i've checked the plugs in the back of the cpu to make sure everything is
> >tight, but that didn't help.
> >
> >help would be appreciated.
> >thanks
> >john.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:07:15 -0500, in
<OwYDb.123335$(E-Mail Removed)>
john in mtl scrawled:

>ok.
>so what i did was take another mouse, plug it into a different port.
>and hey i noticed the fan was clogged with dust (err a ton of dust).
>cleaned that out.
>the interior was much too hot.
>waited til everything cooled down.
>and it's working.
>thanks guys for your help
>

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> Fatal Exception Errors
>> http://aumha.org/win4/kbefe.htm
>>
>> Bad RAM Causes Fatal Exception Errors Running Windows 95-98
>>
>> What Are Fatal Exception Errors
>>
>> Troubleshooting Fatal Exception Errors
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=150314#1
>>

>> On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:29:18 -0500, in
>> <soGDb.110503$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> john in mtl scrawled:
>>
>> >hi
>> >
>> >since 2 days ago, the mouse arrow will suddenly freeze when i'm using the
>> >mouse, then the arrow will start shooting all over the screen, then all

>the
>> >open applications freeze.
>> >
>> >i'm on win98se, plenty of ram.
>> >never had this problem before.
>> >
>> >now when i boot, i often get error:
>> >'fatal exception has occurred at 0028:C0000000'
>> >
>> >the problem started almost immediately after i installed a hangman game.

>> >uninstalled, but the problem persists.
>> >
>> >just in case, i did a full norton antivirus check, and came up clean.
>> >
>> >i've checked the plugs in the back of the cpu to make sure everything is
>> >tight, but that didn't help.
>> >
>> >help would be appreciated.
>> >thanks
>> >john.
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

freeze string fails to freeze ??? jwaala.amplify@gmail.com Ruby 5 03-15-2007 11:29 PM
Mouse/computer freeze question..... stumped. Brian S. Computer Support 18 12-01-2003 09:00 AM
mouse freeze tawjlee Computer Support 8 11-06-2003 08:25 PM
Mouse freeze tawjlee Computer Support 1 11-06-2003 06:26 PM

Advertisments