Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE default font size

IE default font size

Gabe

I use IE 6 and it always starts out with the "smaller" font size setting. Is
there any way to rectify that?
Did a Google search and found out that Eudora mail client might mess up
these settings but the registry
values given did not help.

Thanks in advance,

Gabe

Brian H

Gabe said:

> I use IE 6 and it always starts out with the "smaller" font size setting. Is
> there any way to rectify that?
> Did a Google search and found out that Eudora mail client might mess up
> these settings but the registry
> values given did not help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gabe

If you have a wheel mouse hold down Ctrl whilst you spin the wheel.

Harrison

Changing to a larger font size and then closing IE should maintain
your choice.
There is a toolbar button for font size which is not displayed by
default. To add it, right click a blank space on the main IE toolbar
and choose Customize. Locate the Size button in the left pane, select
it, and then click Add.
Also, as someone else pointed out, if you have a wheel mouse, you can
change the size as desired by using the Ctrl key and rolling the wheel
up or down.
Some web pages are designed so that this has no effect, however.