Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HP 932c Printer out of ink, Can I still refill it?

HP 932c Printer out of ink, Can I still refill it?

lbbs

My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple of
weeks. Would it be a waste to try to refill it now. Some of the post I
read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge, you
only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries up.
Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try to
unclog it or the reverse?

lbbs

btw: I have tried to print with it empty. Also, I had the color cartridge
out of the printer for a couple of days in a sealed zip-lock bag.

EricP

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:28:44 -0500, "lbbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>My 932c hp printer ran out of ink and has been like that for a couple of
>weeks. Would it be a waste to try to refill it now. Some of the post I
>read about refilling mentioned that when you pull out the cartridge, you
>only have a couple of minutes to refill it before the print head dries up.
>Can it be revived, and if so, should you refill it first and then try to
>unclog it or the reverse?

Doesn't look like you are going to get a specific answer.

If it's a HP gravity tank, then filling and cleaning will probably get
it working. If it's one with a membrane inside, they are junk after 2
hours empty, seems to be designed that way.