Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Twain error acquiring image on scanner....

Twain error acquiring image on scanner....

JW

I am running windows xp pro. I am getting the following error when I try to
acquire a new image with my scanner.

Twain error (T009) error opening twain data source.Unable to find the twain
source manager (Twain.dll ) Please copy the twain.dll file from your source
disk to your windows folder.

I am using Ulead Iphoto plus 4 software, and my scanner is an Acer Prism. It
worked correctly on windows 98. I just recently upgraded to XP.

I also copied the twain dll file to the windows folder. I assume I did this
correctly because the file is there. I also can't find any updated drivers
or files for this software.

Any and all help appreciated.

Iamme

Without the model of the scanner, here are some general pointers to where
you might find what you are looking for.

First Try the Manufacturer website:
http://global.acer.com/support/index.htm
and then Try looking here: http://www.driverguide.com
or Windows Update:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

<M>

"JW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zc9Db.12009$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am running windows xp pro. I am getting the following error when I try

> acquire a new image with my scanner.
>
> Twain error (T009) error opening twain data source.Unable to find the

twain
> source manager (Twain.dll ) Please copy the twain.dll file from your

source
> disk to your windows folder.
>
> I am using Ulead Iphoto plus 4 software, and my scanner is an Acer Prism.

It
> worked correctly on windows 98. I just recently upgraded to XP.
>
> I also copied the twain dll file to the windows folder. I assume I did

this
> correctly because the file is there. I also can't find any updated

drivers
> or files for this software.
>
> Any and all help appreciated.

B.Al.Zeebub

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:43:05 +0000, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

> I am using Ulead Iphoto plus 4 software, and my scanner is an Acer Prism. It
> worked correctly on windows 98. I just recently upgraded to XP.

A little bit of snooping revealed links from Acer driver downloads for
scanners to Benq driver downloads. Maybe you could see if any model
numbers match yours and try the appropriate XP driver. If not buy a new
scanner, or use Win98 for scanning.

http://www.benq.com/drivers/imaging_drivers.html

B.