Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help

dawn

i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either whats
the prob
heres the transcript:

xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
If that fails, contact your administrator.
<smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
whats this all about then?

°Mike°

http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/capitals.htm
http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/marks.htm
http://www.davidappleyard.com/punctuation.htm
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/local/doc...on/node02.html

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, in
<K15Db.59225$(E-Mail Removed)>
dawn scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jos

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/capitals.htm
> http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/marks.htm
> http://www.davidappleyard.com/punctuation.htm
> http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/local/doc...on/node02.html
>

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, in
> <K15Db.59225$(E-Mail Removed)>
> dawn scrawled:
>
> >i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either

whats
> >the prob
> >heres the transcript:
> >did not reach the following recipient(s):
> >
> >xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
> > The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
> >Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
> >If that fails, contact your administrator.
> > <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
> >whats this all about then?
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

And the answer is?

Mara

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, dawn wrote:

>i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either whats
>the prob
>heres the transcript:
>did not reach the following recipient(s):
>
>xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
> The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
>Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
>If that fails, contact your administrator.
> <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
>whats this all about then?

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/

We are performing essential maintenance on the blueyonder web site

However, your Internet connection is still working. You may visit any other
Internet site, or alternatively, click here to search for an area of interest.

We expect the site (and web mail service) to be available again soon

We apologise for the inconvenience

--
"Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
--Clifto, nanae

Jos

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, dawn wrote:
>
> >i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either

whats
> >the prob
> >heres the transcript:
> >did not reach the following recipient(s):
> >
> >xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
> > The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
> >Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
> >If that fails, contact your administrator.
> > <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
> >whats this all about then?

> http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/
>
> We are performing essential maintenance on the blueyonder web site
>
> However, your Internet connection is still working. You may visit any

other
> Internet site, or alternatively, click here to search for an area of

interest.

> We expect the site (and web mail service) to be available again soon
>
> We apologise for the inconvenience
>
> --
> "Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
> --Clifto, nanae

That's an answer!

Harrison

Change the address to

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either whats
>the prob
>heres the transcript:
>did not reach the following recipient(s):
>
>xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
> The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
>Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
>If that fails, contact your administrator.
> <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
>whats this all about then?

Brian H¹©

dawn said:

> i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either whats
> the prob
> heres the transcript:
> did not reach the following recipient(s):
>
> xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
> The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
> Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
> If that fails, contact your administrator.
> <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
> whats this all about then?

It means their account/domain name has been cancelled, expired or the ip hasn't
been changed or fully propagated since changing.
Or their server is not running.

Mara

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:15:40 +0100, Jos wrote:

>"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, dawn wrote:

<snip>
>> We expect the site (and web mail service) to be available again soon
>>
>> We apologise for the inconvenience
>>
>> --
>> "Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
>> --Clifto, nanae

>That's an answer!

Yes, it is. However, it isn't an answer for the high-handed attitude you appear
to be showing other, long-time subscribers to this group. I quote:

"I'm glad they got him, I hate that guy. but we are here for some other
reasons. I'm sure there is another newsgroup for that kind of comments."

(Hint - this is 24HSHD, and there is no charter, no moderator, and no off-topic,
except for the usual standards of general netiquette. And your words do seem a
bit ludicrous, given that two of your previous posts were nothing but question
marks.)

"And the answer is?"

(Hint - it is not up to you to decide who posts what, or when, or why, in
24HSHD.)

"A bit of friendly advice - with a total of about 9 posts to this group, these
are things that you might want to consider sometime in the very, VERY near
future."

--
"Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
--Clifto, nanae

nemo2

Email address at fsnet (Freeserve) are of the form
(E-Mail Removed) where yyyy can be anything and xxxx is the user
name.

Regards

nemo2

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:16:07 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

>Change the address to
>(E-Mail Removed)
>
>On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:57:57 -0000, "dawn"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>i have two mates that are on fsnet and it wont let me send to either whats
>>the prob
>>heres the transcript:
>>did not reach the following recipient(s):
>>
>>xxxxxxxxxx.fsnet.co.uk on Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:14 -0000
>> The destination server for this recipient could not be found in
>>Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry.
>>If that fails, contact your administrator.
>> <smtp-out5.blueyonder.co.uk #5.4.0>
>>whats this all about then?

Harrison

Today wasn't a total waste after all.