Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > A decent E-Mail client

Reply
Thread Tools

A decent E-Mail client

 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
The Bat!
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/


On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 05:36:15 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Al scrawled:

>Hi,
>I'm look for advice on a decent E-Mail client that isn't bloated with junk,
>and I prefer not to use Mozilla. I'd like maybe 3 features, a address book
>that is easy to use, as in importing from OE. A notifier, and a clean
>interface.
>
>I have bought POCO Mail, but their support is the worst if not non existant.
>It takes them up to 10 days to respond to a simple question, god only know
>how long it would take them if they had to think. Their address book is
>such, that if you delete 1 name, they ALL go away. I requested a refund
>(politely), and have asked for a status report, you guessed it, no answer.
>If this program was free I wouldn't care so much, but it wasn't. My advice
>to you is DON'T buy it. I have Incredimail again, I paid for it, but
>something keeps happening and it just disappears or will not work saying a
>file is missing after running fine for an hour or so.
>
>I don't care if the client you recommend is free or not, I'm just looking
>for a easy to use program.
>
>Thanks,
>Al
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
Al wrote:

> I'm look for advice on a decent E-Mail client that isn't bloated with
> junk,


Pegasus Mail. http://pmail.com

Freeware. Support is essentially via Usenet -- look for the pegasus
group with ms-windows in the name. Used to be there; don't remember the
exact name. It's a good group.

--
Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 4892F
[still no new sig]
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
On 14 Dec 2003 20:27:20 GMT, Blinky the Shark wrote:

>Al wrote:
>
>> I'm look for advice on a decent E-Mail client that isn't bloated with
>> junk,

>
>Pegasus Mail. http://pmail.com
>
>Freeware. Support is essentially via Usenet -- look for the pegasus
>group with ms-windows in the name. Used to be there; don't remember the
>exact name. It's a good group.


comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows

--
"Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
--Clifto, nanae
 
Reply With Quote
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
Alain Beguin wrote:
<snip>

> My best regards to the group and I hope to post what more here, if
> possible.
>
> Bye,
>
> Alain


May I ask you a favour? Would you please select a different
'privacy.net' number to use in this newsgroup?
Since I post *there* infrequently, I changed *my* account for a.c.f.
since you use it there; but I've been using '2' for quite a while in
this group and usually have no problem finding 'replies to my messages'.
--
"Thank you."


 
Reply With Quote
 
Alain Beguin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
"trout" a écrit/schreef/wrote le/op/on 14/12/2003 :

> May I ask you a favour? Would you please select a different
> 'privacy.net' number to use in this newsgroup?
> Since I post *there* infrequently, I changed *my* account for a.c.f.
> since you use it there; but I've been using '2' for quite a while in
> this group and usually have no problem finding 'replies to my messages'.


OK?

--
Alain Beguin
mailto: http://cerbermail.com/?XiEiqwImaa
Newsreader: MesNews http://mesnews.no-ip.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
Alain Beguin wrote:

> "trout" a écrit/schreef/wrote le/op/on 14/12/2003 :
>
>> May I ask you a favour? Would you please select a different
>> 'privacy.net' number to use in this newsgroup?
>> Since I post *there* infrequently, I changed *my* account for
>> a.c.f. since you use it there; but I've been using '2' for quite a
>> while in this group and usually have no problem finding 'replies to
>> my messages'.

>
> OK?


Thanks, very much.
--
"I haven't seen 'Slumpy' in a couple of weeks, but hey; he changes all
the time, anyway."


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian H¹©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
trout said:

> Alain Beguin wrote:
>
>> "trout" a écrit/schreef/wrote le/op/on 14/12/2003 :
>>
>>> May I ask you a favour? Would you please select a different
>>> 'privacy.net' number to use in this newsgroup?
>>> Since I post *there* infrequently, I changed *my* account for
>>> a.c.f. since you use it there; but I've been using '2' for quite a
>>> while in this group and usually have no problem finding 'replies to
>>> my messages'.

>>
>> OK?

>
> Thanks, very much.


Er, if there are only 9 numbers that can be used, what happens when a couple of
dozen people start using "privacy"?


 
Reply With Quote
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
Brian H¹© wrote:

> trout said:
>
>> Alain Beguin wrote:
>>
>>> "trout" a écrit/schreef/wrote le/op/on 14/12/2003 :
>>>
>>>> May I ask you a favour? Would you please select a different
>>>> 'privacy.net' number to use in this newsgroup?
>>>> Since I post *there* infrequently, I changed *my* account for
>>>> a.c.f. since you use it there; but I've been using '2' for quite a
>>>> while in this group and usually have no problem finding 'replies to
>>>> my messages'.
>>>
>>> OK?

>>
>> Thanks, very much.

>
> Er, if there are only 9 numbers that can be used, what happens when a
> couple of dozen people start using "privacy"?


Murder and mayhem. Actually, there's 10; since "0" can be used.
Which seems to be more than enough for now. For the casual Usenet
poster; there's no reason to use a number at all, really. You see a*lot*
of different people using just http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) for a few posts.
As for duplication in groups, it's fairly infrequent. In picking a
number, I've Googled it up a few times; and 'this' group has to have one
of the highest uses of *different* numbers that I've seen. And there are
still a couple that have rarely, if ever, been used.
--
"Damn trouble-maker."


 
Reply With Quote
 
Little Fish in a Big Pond
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
I have used agent for years and have loved it. As a beta-tester for
Forte Agent I will advise you to wait for the new 2.0 version to come
out. When finished it should have some great new features. In my
opinion it is the best on the market.

Now with that said I must confess that I am currently using Eudora for
my day to day email as it will handles multiple email accounts.
(Agent hopefully will be adding this feature) I have been satisifed
with Eudora although the inteface and operation is a bit odd. Eudora
is good, but if you can wait I would definaltely check out the New
Agent when it previews.

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 05:36:15 -0800, "Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm look for advice on a decent E-Mail client that isn't bloated with junk,
>and I prefer not to use Mozilla. I'd like maybe 3 features, a address book
>that is easy to use, as in importing from OE. A notifier, and a clean
>interface.
>
>I have bought POCO Mail, but their support is the worst if not non existant.
>It takes them up to 10 days to respond to a simple question, god only know
>how long it would take them if they had to think. Their address book is
>such, that if you delete 1 name, they ALL go away. I requested a refund
>(politely), and have asked for a status report, you guessed it, no answer.
>If this program was free I wouldn't care so much, but it wasn't. My advice
>to you is DON'T buy it. I have Incredimail again, I paid for it, but
>something keeps happening and it just disappears or will not work saying a
>file is missing after running fine for an hour or so.
>
>I don't care if the client you recommend is free or not, I'm just looking
>for a easy to use program.
>
>Thanks,
>Al
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
gangle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2003
The Turd!
http://bubl.ac.uk/org/tacit/tac/tac32/turd.gif

"°Mike°" wrote
> The Bat!
> http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/


--
Mon pénis est dans le réfrigérateur.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do most ASP.NET positions require a decent amount of artistic ability? Bob Maxie ASP .Net 5 09-24-2005 01:11 PM
where can I find any decent inteview questions for jcore java and j2ee? puzzlecracker Java 3 06-02-2005 03:37 PM
Are there any decent tutorials on how to format the table control in VS designer? Bill ASP .Net 0 07-13-2004 02:52 PM
any decent FTP'S? Chainsaw Charlie HTML 22 04-19-2004 02:19 AM
Looking For Decent Java IDEs Tim Zhao Java 10 11-17-2003 01:55 AM



Advertisments