Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > asrock motherboards

Reply
Thread Tools

asrock motherboards

 
 
jdn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2003
I have purchased an Asrock K7S8X R3.0 motherboard
It states in the installation guide that a 3.3v AGP graphics card must not
be plugged into the AGP socket
I have a ATI Radeon 9500 card which I believe is a 3.3v card, does this mean
it is now unusable or are there ways to overcome this
I also have a Riva TNT2 M64 32Mb card but do not know if this would be
compatible
If neither are compatible any suggestions what would be
Please help
Thank you


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
IC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2003
jdn wrote:
> I have purchased an Asrock K7S8X R3.0 motherboard
> It states in the installation guide that a 3.3v AGP graphics card
> must not be plugged into the AGP socket
> I have a ATI Radeon 9500 card which I believe is a 3.3v card, does
> this mean it is now unusable or are there ways to overcome this
> I also have a Riva TNT2 M64 32Mb card but do not know if this would be
> compatible
> If neither are compatible any suggestions what would be
> Please help
> Thank you


The ATI Radeon 9500 is *not* a 3.3v card. It is AGP 4x/8x capable,
which is 1.5v


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
IC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-13-2003
IC wrote:
> jdn wrote:
>> I have purchased an Asrock K7S8X R3.0 motherboard
>> It states in the installation guide that a 3.3v AGP graphics card
>> must not be plugged into the AGP socket
>> I have a ATI Radeon 9500 card which I believe is a 3.3v card, does
>> this mean it is now unusable or are there ways to overcome this
>> I also have a Riva TNT2 M64 32Mb card but do not know if this would
>> be compatible
>> If neither are compatible any suggestions what would be
>> Please help
>> Thank you

>
> The ATI Radeon 9500 is *not* a 3.3v card. It is AGP 4x/8x capable,
> which is 1.5v


Sorry. That's 1.5v/.8v (4x/8x).


 
Reply With Quote
 
JDN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-14-2003
Thank you
"IC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cZHCb.412$%(E-Mail Removed). ..
> IC wrote:
> > jdn wrote:
> >> I have purchased an Asrock K7S8X R3.0 motherboard
> >> It states in the installation guide that a 3.3v AGP graphics card
> >> must not be plugged into the AGP socket
> >> I have a ATI Radeon 9500 card which I believe is a 3.3v card, does
> >> this mean it is now unusable or are there ways to overcome this
> >> I also have a Riva TNT2 M64 32Mb card but do not know if this would
> >> be compatible
> >> If neither are compatible any suggestions what would be
> >> Please help
> >> Thank you

> >
> > The ATI Radeon 9500 is *not* a 3.3v card. It is AGP 4x/8x capable,
> > which is 1.5v

>
> Sorry. That's 1.5v/.8v (4x/8x).
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASRock 939NF4G-SATA2 Motherboard Silverstrand Front Page News 0 01-05-2006 04:25 AM
Geforce FX5900 OK on ASRock motherboard AGP 1.5v socket? xxxxxx Computer Support 2 04-02-2005 04:00 PM
My computer doesn boot !!! (ASROCK K7s8X+XP1700+Maxtor 80Go) Darius Computer Support 5 06-13-2004 11:11 PM
AsRock K7S8X mobo soundchip Jorge Computer Support 6 06-07-2004 11:17 PM
asrock mobo..... IC Computer Support 1 11-23-2003 07:19 PM



Advertisments