Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Still astray on the Links!

Still astray on the Links!

MayB

Forgive my repeat appeal. This is my way of getting your attention
again!

(OP 12/09/03): "Just now my computer refuses to open the internet to
links that are
quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
please?"

Boomer, I followed your refs but they didn't resolve the problem. I
should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really not
because it did get a response from those whose advice I most trust.

OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).

Miggsee

Try turning off pop-up buster.

"MayB" <MayB@socalNOT_THIS.rr.com> wrote in message
news:9UFCb.495$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Forgive my repeat appeal. This is my way of getting your attention
> again!
>
> (OP 12/09/03): "Just now my computer refuses to open the internet to
> links that are
> quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
> please?"
>
> Boomer, I followed your refs but they didn't resolve the problem. I
> should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really not
> because it did get a response from those whose advice I most trust.
>
> OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).

MayB

Did that, Migsee. That's what I meant by "(opened)"
"Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brfbj2$2o4na$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Try turning off pop-up buster.
>
> "MayB" <MayB@socalNOT_THIS.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:9UFCb.495$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Forgive my repeat appeal. This is my way of getting your

attention
> > again!
> >
> > (OP 12/09/03): "Just now my computer refuses to open the internet

> > links that are
> > quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I

do,
> > please?"
> >
> > Boomer, I followed your refs but they didn't resolve the problem.

> > should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really

not
> > because it did get a response from those whose advice I most

trust.

> > OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).

MayB

"MayB" <MayB@socalNOT_THIS.rr.com> wrote in message
news:9UFCb.495$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Forgive my repeat appeal. This is my way of getting your attention
> again!
>
> (OP 12/09/03): "Just now my computer refuses to open the internet

> links that are
> quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
> please?"
>
> Boomer, I followed your refs but they didn't resolve the problem. I
> should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really not
> because it did get a response from those whose advice I most trust.
>
> OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).

My work-around is to copy the link to WordPad and then paste into
Google --- not very convenient!

Bill Schnakenberg

MayB wrote:

>Did that, Migsee. That's what I meant by "(opened)"

To me, 'opened' means running. 'Closed' means not running. Which is it?
Running, or not running?
Popup Stopper will not allow my Netscape to open the browser for a URL
message link when Popup Stopper is 'opened' (running), but will allow
the URL link to open the browser when it is 'closed' (not running).

>..
>"Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:brfbj2$2o4na$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>

>>Try turning off pop-up buster.
>>
>>"MayB" <MayB@socalNOT_THIS.rr.com> wrote in message
>>news:9UFCb.495$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>>>Forgive my repeat appeal. This is my way of getting your
>>>

>attention
>

>>>again!
>>>
>>>(OP 12/09/03): "Just now my computer refuses to open the internet

>>>links that are
>>>quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I
>>>

>do,
>

>>>please?"
>>>
>>>Boomer, I followed your refs but they didn't resolve the problem.

>>>should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really
>>>

>not
>

>>>because it did get a response from those whose advice I most
>>>

>trust.
>

>>>OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).

Miggsee

"Bill Schnakenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9UGCb.8487$(E-Mail Removed)...
> MayB wrote:
>
> >Did that, Migsee. That's what I meant by "(opened)"
> >

> To me, 'opened' means running. 'Closed' means not running. Which is it?
> Running, or not running?
> Popup Stopper will not allow my Netscape to open the browser for a URL
> message link when Popup Stopper is 'opened' (running), but will allow
> the URL link to open the browser when it is 'closed' (not running).

That's the way I read it too. Hard to know what's been actually offered as a
solution when new threads are started.

> >"Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:brfbj2$2o4na$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> >

> >>Try turning off pop-up buster.
> >>
> >>"MayB" <MayB@socalNOT_THIS.rr.com> wrote in message
> >>news:9UFCb.495$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >attention

> >do,

> >not

> >trust.

MayB

"Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brfe24$2nnfq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "Bill Schnakenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9UGCb.8487$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > MayB wrote:
> >
> > >Did that, Migsee. That's what I meant by "(opened)"
> > >

> > To me, 'opened' means running. 'Closed' means not running. Which

is it?
> > Running, or not running?
> > Popup Stopper will not allow my Netscape to open the browser for a

URL
> > message link when Popup Stopper is 'opened' (running), but will

allow
> > the URL link to open the browser when it is 'closed' (not

running).

> That's the way I read it too. Hard to know what's been actually

offered as a
> solution when new threads are started.
>
>(snip)

Sorry about the misunderstanding, folks. Good communication has
always been one of my many faults. Pop-up Buster has two operating
modes: l. Closed, when no passage is allowed, and 2. Open, when no
passage is denied.

Now, moving right along, can you help me with my problem? Thanks,
much.

Blinky the Shark

MayB wrote:

> "MayB" <MayB@socalNOT_THIS.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:9UFCb.495$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Forgive my repeat appeal. This is my way of getting your attention
>> again!

>> (OP 12/09/03): "Just now my computer refuses to open the internet

>> links that are
>> quoted in this newsgroup (and/or in mail messages). What must I do,
>> please?"

>> Boomer, I followed your refs but they didn't resolve the problem. I
>> should say I'm sorry that the title misled you guys. I'm really not
>> because it did get a response from those whose advice I most trust.

>> OS: W98 w/Zone Alarm, MacAfee, Pop-up Buster(opened).

> My work-around is to copy the link to WordPad and then paste into
> Google --- not very convenient!
> ..

Y'know, if you used Opera or Mozilla, which have native popup control,
you wouldn't need the glue-on PuB. Besides their other advantages...

--
Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 4892F
[still no new sig]

°Mike°

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:09:56 GMT, in
<EJHCb.513$(E-Mail Removed)>
MayB scrawled:

>"Miggsee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:brfe24$2nnfq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>
>> "Bill Schnakenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:9UGCb.8487$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > To me, 'opened' means running. 'Closed' means not running. Which

>is it?
>> > Running, or not running?
>> > Popup Stopper will not allow my Netscape to open the browser for a

>URL
>> > message link when Popup Stopper is 'opened' (running), but will

>allow
>> > the URL link to open the browser when it is 'closed' (not

>running).
>>
>> That's the way I read it too. Hard to know what's been actually

>offered as a
>> solution when new threads are started.
>>
>>(snip)

>Sorry about the misunderstanding, folks. Good communication has
>always been one of my many faults. Pop-up Buster has two operating
>modes: l. Closed, when no passage is allowed, and 2. Open, when no
>passage is denied.
>
>Now, moving right along, can you help me with my problem? Thanks,
>much.

Never mind the two operating modes, close the application
down, and see if there's a difference.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Max Quordlepleen

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Y'know, if you used Opera or Mozilla, which have native popup control,
> you wouldn't need the glue-on PuB.

And, given the number of gecko-based browsers available now, in both
Windows and Linux, the options for having built-in popp
stopping are many.

--
Registered Linux User 297164
GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3