Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cd burning problem

cd burning problem

skinrod

hi i have a problem when i try to burn files to cd
i use roxio easy CD creator and when i try to burn my files to cd it goes
all the way fine then comes up saying its done successfully.
but then when i put the cd in to read from it the cd lable reads 'cd' when
normally it should have a load of numbers.
and then when i click on the cd it comes up blank with no data on it but it
has burnt.
can anyone help me.
please reply asap

gangle

You need to give more information: OS, mode of CD being made
(Audio, Video, Data, etc.), and whether you have ever been able
to successfully burn CDs. Also, be aware that Roxio is generally
known as unreliable and buggy software, so there is a possibility
that it may never work properly, at least not consistently. You could
do a free trial install of the excellent NTI burning software to see
if it works OK (if it doesn't, it suggests something is not right
with your system, instead of Roxio being the culprit).
http://www.ntius.com/default.asp?p=cdmaker/cdmaker_main

"skinrod" wrote
> hi i have a problem when i try to burn files to cd
> i use roxio easy CD creator and when i try to burn my files to cd it goes
> all the way fine then comes up saying its done successfully.
> but then when i put the cd in to read from it the cd lable reads 'cd' when
> normally it should have a load of numbers.
> and then when i click on the cd it comes up blank with no data on it but it
> has burnt.
> can anyone help me.
> please reply asap

Mellowed

Maybe you just need to 'finalize' the CD.

"skinrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fdb1cb5$0$23818$(E-Mail Removed) ...
: hi i have a problem when i try to burn files to cd
: i use roxio easy CD creator and when i try to burn my files to cd it
goes
: all the way fine then comes up saying its done successfully.
: but then when i put the cd in to read from it the cd lable reads 'cd'
when
: normally it should have a load of numbers.
: and then when i click on the cd it comes up blank with no data on it
but it
: has burnt.
: can anyone help me.
: please reply asap
:
:

Barry OGrady

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:09:51 -0000, "skinrod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>hi i have a problem when i try to burn files to cd
>i use roxio easy CD creator and when i try to burn my files to cd it goes
>all the way fine then comes up saying its done successfully.
>but then when i put the cd in to read from it the cd lable reads 'cd' when
>normally it should have a load of numbers.
>and then when i click on the cd it comes up blank with no data on it but it
>has burnt.
>can anyone help me.
>please reply asap

I don't know if it is connected, but you are missing a lot of upper case characters.
You should try to fix that first.

-Barry
========