Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wordpad

Wordpad

David 42

Good morning Folks,
Can anyone help me please?
I am using Wordpad with A5 paper. I have set the program to A5 and all the
margins to 5.4 mm.
However, when it prints and goes onto a second page I loose the last two
lines of page 1. I say page 1 but it doesn't matter if it goes on page 1 or
page 2 as long as it goes somewhere. At the moment those two lines don't
appear.
Any ideas will be gratefully accepted.
David.

--
Please remove' nospam.' to reply

Spider

> Good morning Folks,
> Can anyone help me please?
> I am using Wordpad with A5 paper. I have set the program to A5 and all the
> margins to 5.4 mm.
> However, when it prints and goes onto a second page I loose the last two
> lines of page 1. I say page 1 but it doesn't matter if it goes on page 1 or
> page 2 as long as it goes somewhere. At the moment those two lines don't
> appear.
> Any ideas will be gratefully accepted.

David,
WordPad is a very basic word processor with little frills. Try using a better word processor. Since you use Wordpad I'll assume you don't have access to a better one. How about a powerful free one. You can go to:
http://download.openoffice.org/index.html
and download Open Office.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.6 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

David 42

Hello again and thank you Spider for your suggestion. I will try it of
course but although Word Pad is basic it should at least be able to print
out a letter. It must be something to do with the margins I suppose as it is
at the bottom of the page where the problem happens.

--
Please remove' nospam.' to reply
"Spider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NeECb.51258$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Good morning Folks,
> > Can anyone help me please?
> > I am using Wordpad with A5 paper. I have set the program to A5 and all

the
> > margins to 5.4 mm.
> > However, when it prints and goes onto a second page I loose the last two
> > lines of page 1. I say page 1 but it doesn't matter if it goes on page 1

or
> > page 2 as long as it goes somewhere. At the moment those two lines don't
> > appear.
> > Any ideas will be gratefully accepted.

> David,
> WordPad is a very basic word processor with little frills. Try using a

better word processor. Since you use Wordpad I'll assume you don't have
access to a better one. How about a powerful free one. You can go to:
> http://download.openoffice.org/index.html
> and download Open Office.
>
> Spider
> http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1
>
> --
> Composed with Newz Crawler 1.6 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

Terry

"David 42" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:boICb.51851$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello again and thank you Spider for your suggestion. I will try it of
> course but although Word Pad is basic it should at least be able to print
> out a letter. It must be something to do with the margins I suppose as it

is
> at the bottom of the page where the problem happens.

It might be a Margin limitation of your printer rather than an issue with
Wordpad. Sometimes documents in Word will re-format when you send them to a
printer other than your default and the pagination goes tits up.

Terry

Re: Write Chinese in Wordpad Luigi Donatello Asero HTML 11 09-26-2005 01:54 PM
Re: Write Chinese in Wordpad Luigi Donatello Asero HTML 0 09-25-2005 11:39 PM
Re: Wordpad Baron Reeve Computer Support 0 07-11-2003 12:37 AM
Re: Wordpad Shel-hed Computer Support 1 07-10-2003 11:59 PM
Re: Wordpad Merlin Computer Support 3 07-10-2003 11:26 PM

Advertisments