Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE problem

OE problem

George

I use OE6 as my email and new reader. In the last couple of days I have an
annoying problem. When switching from one header to the next in the preview
pane, I get an error that says I may not have enough memory. My machine has
1 gig and has almost 700meg available. When I change newsgroups, I get a
popup that says the tcp has unexpectedly disconnected from the server. Both
of these problems go away in an instant if I go backwards and then try
again. I haven't changed any configuration for months and it was working
until about 48 hours ago. I don't have any problem with the email part.
Now when I tried to post this, I got an error that said too many
connections! What is going on??

Brian H供

George said:

> I use OE6 as my email and new reader. In the last couple of days I have an
> annoying problem. When switching from one header to the next in the preview
> pane, I get an error that says I may not have enough memory. My machine has
> 1 gig and has almost 700meg available. When I change newsgroups, I get a
> popup that says the tcp has unexpectedly disconnected from the server. Both
> of these problems go away in an instant if I go backwards and then try
> again. I haven't changed any configuration for months and it was working
> until about 48 hours ago. I don't have any problem with the email part.
> Now when I tried to post this, I got an error that said too many
> connections! What is going on??

Server issues, contact your ISP.

George

So - the isp says my OE6 is probably corrupt. They say I should call
microsucks. That will never happen. So I guess I'm just stuck with a
broken piece of ****! Now I gotta find a mail and news program. And once
again, I can't even post this thing! This is aggravating as
hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..
"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:wfmCb.1764$(E-Mail Removed)...
> George said:
>
> > I use OE6 as my email and new reader. In the last couple of days I have

an
> > annoying problem. When switching from one header to the next in the

preview
> > pane, I get an error that says I may not have enough memory. My machine

has
> > 1 gig and has almost 700meg available. When I change newsgroups, I get

> > popup that says the tcp has unexpectedly disconnected from the server.

Both
> > of these problems go away in an instant if I go backwards and then try
> > again. I haven't changed any configuration for months and it was

working
> > until about 48 hours ago. I don't have any problem with the email part.
> > Now when I tried to post this, I got an error that said too many
> > connections! What is going on??

> Server issues, contact your ISP.

SydneyK1225

Cox is full of it. They told my husband the same thing but he is able to access
other news servers with no problem.

Hes using
freenews.netfront.net
news.wplus.net

>From: "George"

>So - the isp says my OE6 is probably corrupt. They say I should call
>microsucks. That will never happen. So I guess I'm just stuck with a
>broken piece of ****! Now I gotta find a mail and news program. And once
>again, I can't even post this thing! This is aggravating as
>hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>.
>"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>news:wfmCb.1764$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> George said:
>>
>> > I use OE6 as my email and new reader. In the last couple of days I have

>an
>> > annoying problem. When switching from one header to the next in the

>preview
>> > pane, I get an error that says I may not have enough memory. My machine

>has
>> > 1 gig and has almost 700meg available. When I change newsgroups, I get

>> > popup that says the tcp has unexpectedly disconnected from the server.

>Both
>> > of these problems go away in an instant if I go backwards and then try
>> > again. I haven't changed any configuration for months and it was

>working
>> > until about 48 hours ago. I don't have any problem with the email part.
>> > Now when I tried to post this, I got an error that said too many
>> > connections! What is going on??

>> Server issues, contact your ISP.

George

Thank you for this post. Cox is definately full of it. I went to these 2
and they work just fine. And now, this morning, the cox server seems to
have been magically repaired. Thanks again!
..
news:(E-Mail Removed)...