Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Which are the absolute best programs to Repair and Rescue corrupted a unbootable Hard Drive?

Which are the absolute best programs to Repair and Rescue corrupted a unbootable Hard Drive?

Arawak

After a crash, Partition Magic cannot identify either of my 2
partitions on the C: drive. Unknown and Errors.

TIA
Arawak

Mr. Smiley

Arawak wrote:
> After a crash, Partition Magic cannot identify either of my 2
> partitions on the C: drive. Unknown and Errors.
>
> TIA
> Arawak

Read this thread:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/show...&threadid=7120

--
the abominable toner
computer maintenance links & tips on:

Harrison

How do you have two partitions on the C: drive?

Restore the boot record relevant to your installed OS.
If you don't know how to do that, then search google for "Restore
Windows ______ boot record" Fill in the blank with your version.
To recover files, you could try reinstalling Windows, placing the
drive in another computer, or booting to a Knoppix CD.

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 06:16:10 -0700, Arawak <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>After a crash, Partition Magic cannot identify either of my 2
>partitions on the C: drive. Unknown and Errors.
>
>TIA
>Arawak

SgtMinor

Arawak wrote:

> After a crash, Partition Magic cannot identify either of my 2
> partitions on the C: drive. Unknown and Errors.
>
> TIA
> Arawak

Don't know about "absolute best" but I've had success myself with
active@ from http://www.partition-recovery.com/partition.htm. You can
download a free demo and if that shows that it can find your data, you
may want to pay the thirty bucks for the full program.

Have not tried, but have heard good things about PCInspector, freeware:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

owlbird

Hi, it's easy. Please visit http://www.ptdd.com and download Partition
Table Doctor to help you