Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > connecting to Old monitor

connecting to Old monitor

Les anderson

I Have tried to connect a CTX 14" oldish monitor to a pentium 3 computer. OS
is WindowsMe. It installs plug and play but is min spec and it loads with 16
colours and something below 800X600and the window on win properties is way
off the bottom of the viewing area, so I cannot select anything and use
apply/ok buttons as they out of view so it obviously a very basic plug and
play driver. the graphics card is ATI 128Mb.
Can you help please?

James Haddow

Sounds to me like you need to download the Monitor drivers and/or your
graphics card drivers, visit the manufacturer's website to download these.

James.

"Les anderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JbiCb.1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I Have tried to connect a CTX 14" oldish monitor to a pentium 3 computer.

OS
> is WindowsMe. It installs plug and play but is min spec and it loads with

16
> colours and something below 800X600and the window on win properties is way
> off the bottom of the viewing area, so I cannot select anything and use
> apply/ok buttons as they out of view so it obviously a very basic plug and
> play driver. the graphics card is ATI 128Mb.
> Can you help please?

Mr. Smiley

Les anderson wrote:
> I Have tried to connect a CTX 14" oldish monitor to a pentium 3
> computer. OS is WindowsMe. It installs plug and play but is min spec
> and it loads with 16 colours and something below 800X600and the
> window on win properties is way off the bottom of the viewing area,
> so I cannot select anything and use apply/ok buttons as they out of
> view so it obviously a very basic plug and play driver. the graphics
> card is ATI 128Mb.
> Can you help please?

Mixing old and new has its problems.
XP has the most complete plug and pray list.
Odd, with W3.1 you used to could drive any monitor into high resolution.

see:
www.driverguide.com
Membership on this site is free.

My guess is that this page will have your driver on it. Make sure it is the
WinMe driver.
http://list.driverguide.com/list/company264/index.html

--
the abominable toner