Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Smartsuite converter

Smartsuite converter

Lafunga

have you tried to open it in MS Exce yetl????

"This space intentionally left blank!" <gimmie45@'No Spam'hotmail.com>
wrote in message news:2OfCb.49455$(E-Mail Removed)...
| I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
| interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
was
| using *.123 files.
|
| Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
(*.123
| files) to Excel

Lafunga

this might be the answer
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/

"This space intentionally left blank!" <gimmie45@'No Spam'hotmail.com>
wrote in message news:2OfCb.49455$(E-Mail Removed)...
| I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
| interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
was
| using *.123 files.
|
| Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
(*.123
| files) to Excel

This space intentionally left blank!

I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I was
using *.123 files.

Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite (*.123
files) to Excel

This space intentionally left blank!

No, as implied in the original post they are smartsuite files IE:
Filename.123 and cannot be opened by Excel
and thanks for the Gnome advice but i'm using windows, specifically XP and I
really don't want to reformat to Linux or unix just to run Gnome.
Thanks anyway

"Lafunga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yigCb.1683$(E-Mail Removed)...
> have you tried to open it in MS Exce yetl????
>
> "This space intentionally left blank!" <gimmie45@'No Spam'hotmail.com>
> wrote in message news:2OfCb.49455$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
> | interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
> was
> | using *.123 files.
> |
> | Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
> (*.123
> | files) to Excel

trout

This space intentionally left blank! wrote:

> I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
> interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
> was using *.123 files.
>
> Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
> (*.123 files) to Excel

Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
cheap and easy peak at the past.
--
"If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."

This space intentionally left blank!

Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
Smartsuite anymore
I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.

Thanks anyway

news:brc960$1pcn4$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
>
> > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
> > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
> > was using *.123 files.
> >
> > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
> > (*.123 files) to Excel

> Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
> that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
> with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
> There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
> just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
> cheap and easy peak at the past.
> --
> "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."

rifleman

In article <oAiCb.49741$(E-Mail Removed)>, gimmie45
@'No says...

|"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|news:brc960$1pcn4$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
|> This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
|>
|> > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
|> > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
|> > was using *.123 files.
|> >
|> > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
|> > (*.123 files) to Excel
|>
|> Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
|> that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
|> with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
|> There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
|> just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
|> cheap and easy peak at the past.
|> --
|> "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."

I don't know whether you are wanting to do "bulk" conversion, but Excel
will certainly open 123 files......

Livewire

In article <oAiCb.49741$(E-Mail Removed)>, gimmie45
@'No says...

> Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
> Smartsuite anymore
> I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
>
> Thanks anyway
>

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:brc960$1pcn4$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > This space intentionally left blank! wrote:
> >
> > > I found some old Lotus Smartsuite files on an old hard drive and am
> > > interested to see what I may have been working onin the days that I
> > > was using *.123 files.
> > >
> > > Is there a converter that allows conversion from Lotus Smartsuite
> > > (*.123 files) to Excel

> > Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
> > that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
> > with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
> > There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
> > just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
> > cheap and easy peak at the past.
> > --
> > "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."

You can still get new copies of Smartsuite for 5-20. Try a Google
search.

How about Open Office? might that do it?

Below is part of a Microsoft newsgroup reply over this issue.

"If you mean files with the .123 extension, then no software other than
32-bit
versions of 123 itself, Quattro Pro 10 and subsequent, and DataViz's
ConversionPlus will read them. All are commercial software, none free.
Buying a
slightly outdated version of 123, such as Release 9.7, would be
cheapest."

This space intentionally left blank!

Thanks people
Just might have to live with the failure

Rifleman, It's hardly bulk, only six files but in my version of MS Office
Pro 2003
I can't find any way of loading a *.123 file.
How do you do it?

"rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> In article <oAiCb.49741$(E-Mail Removed)>, gimmie45
> @'No says...
> |

> |Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
> |Smartsuite anymore
> |I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
> |
> |Thanks anyway
> |

> |"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> |news:brc960$1pcn4$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> |> Hmm. How interested *are* you? A bit of searching seems to indicate
> |> that it can be done *with* the original software installed; *probably*
> |> with the aid of third-party software to help the buggy process along.
> |> There were also a number of sites advertising their services for
> |> just this conversion process, as well; which doesn't bode well for a
> |> cheap and easy peak at the past.
> |> --
> |> "If there's not a really good reason; I would live with the curiosity."
> |>

> I don't know whether you are wanting to do "bulk" conversion, but Excel
> will certainly open 123 files......

rifleman

In article <oMrCb.50120$(E-Mail Removed)>, gimmie45
@'No says...
|Thanks people
|Just might have to live with the failure
|
|Rifleman, It's hardly bulk, only six files but in my version of MS Office
|Pro 2003
|I can't find any way of loading a *.123 file.
|How do you do it?

|"rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
|> In article <oAiCb.49741$(E-Mail Removed)>, gimmie45
|> @'No says...
|> |
|> |
|> |Yeah, I take your point, unfortunately I don't even have an original of
|> |Smartsuite anymore
|> |I think I'm becoming more intrigued simply because I can't do it.
|> |
|> |Thanks anyway
|> |
|> |
|> |"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|> |news:brc960$1pcn4$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

|> |
|> |
|> |
|> I don't know whether you are wanting to do "bulk" conversion, but Excel
|> will certainly open 123 files......

My error - of course Excel will read WK4 files, not .123!