Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Speeding up the Internet?

Speeding up the Internet?

SR

ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer
Blaze through the web up to 375% faster than before with exclusive new
technology. Pay only $29.95 for ActiveSpeed (a 50% savings!) and get
ActivePrivacy for free (a $39.95 retail value), plus 30 days of service and
updates. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 30-day money back guarantee
and lifetime technical support. Limited time offer.

The above ad comes from the Kazaa Plus site.
Does anybody use this software? Since I can cancel the order within 30 days
if not satisfied, I might well give it a try...
Are there other alternatives (Shareware, Freeware) which can do the same?
I'd like to compare them a bit since "375%" sounds to me like "learning a
language in 14 days" or "becoming a millionaire in one month".
BTW, if you order directly from the software maker, the price is $39.95...
I use Windows XP and an optical fiber connection (100 Mbits.... well, in
theory at least).

Thanks,
S.R.

Helpneeded

Sounds like a con to me - 375% faster - lol. Pure bull sh**t.
"SR" <(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-news.com...
> ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer
> Blaze through the web up to 375% faster than before with exclusive new
> technology. Pay only $29.95 for ActiveSpeed (a 50% savings!) and get
> ActivePrivacy for free (a $39.95 retail value), plus 30 days of service

and
> updates. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 30-day money back guarantee
> and lifetime technical support. Limited time offer.
>

> The above ad comes from the Kazaa Plus site.
> Does anybody use this software? Since I can cancel the order within 30

days
> if not satisfied, I might well give it a try...
> Are there other alternatives (Shareware, Freeware) which can do the same?
> I'd like to compare them a bit since "375%" sounds to me like "learning a
> language in 14 days" or "becoming a millionaire in one month".
> BTW, if you order directly from the software maker, the price is $39.95...
> I use Windows XP and an optical fiber connection (100 Mbits.... well, in
> theory at least).
>
> Thanks,
> S.R.

http://www.uncensored-news.com

<><><><><><><><>

olfart

"SR" <(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-news.com...
> ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer
> Blaze through the web up to 375% faster than before with exclusive

new
> technology. Pay only $29.95 for ActiveSpeed (a 50% savings!) and get
> ActivePrivacy for free (a $39.95 retail value), plus 30 days of

service and
> updates. Your satisfaction is ensured with our 30-day money back

guarantee
> and lifetime technical support. Limited time offer.
>

> The above ad comes from the Kazaa Plus site.
> Does anybody use this software? Since I can cancel the order within

30 days
> if not satisfied, I might well give it a try...<snip>

and if you act now they will throw in a Bridge in NY absolutely free

°Mike°

Sure, go ahead and waste your money on this unadulterated
crap.

On 12 Dec 2003 00:59:19 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)-news.com>
SR scrawled:

>ActiveSpeed and ActivePrivacy Bonus Offer

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Max Quordlepleen

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Sure, go ahead and waste your money on this unadulterated
> crap.

Hell, no!! Let them waste their money by sending it to me, to help pay
for my ADSL. That way, they can have the satisfaction of knowing that
their money has least bought _someone_ a genuine huge increase in
Internet speed.
--
Registered Linux User 297164
GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3

°Mike°

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:36:37 +1300, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Sure, go ahead and waste your money on this unadulterated
>> crap.

>Hell, no!! Let them waste their money by sending it to me, to help pay
>for my ADSL. That way, they can have the satisfaction of knowing that
>their money has least bought _someone_ a genuine huge increase in
>Internet speed.

But you didn't leave your address, Max. ;^)

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Max Quordlepleen

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> But you didn't leave your address, Max. ;^)

Yes I did - my custom-made copy of ActivePrivacy for Linux, by
Emperor'sNewClothes Software Inc., must have removed it from plain
sight. Send me $6 and I'll give the kewy to unlocking my hidden address.

--
Registered Linux User 297164
GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3
Noho ora mai, ka kite ano
http://maxqnz.com/References.html

The Old Sourdough

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:07:08 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
at the following statement by olfart in message news:brb4cd$1fh99$1@ID-
34582.news.uni-berlin.de

snip

> and if you act now they will throw in a Bridge in NY absolutely free

And, as a bonus, some beach-front property in Arizona....

--
The Old Sourdough
No of SETI units returned: 2513

°Mike°

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:47:49 +1300, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> But you didn't leave your address, Max. ;^)

>Yes I did - my custom-made copy of ActivePrivacy for Linux, by
>Emperor'sNewClothes Software Inc., must have removed it from plain
>sight. Send me $6 and I'll give the kewy to unlocking my hidden address.

I think I'll keep my $6, seeing as how I can only get dial-up.

--
"Jealous, am I? Yes, I suppose I am."
- Clark Gable

Max Quordlepleen

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I think I'll keep my $6, seeing as how I can only get dial-up.

The weird thing is, something screwy's being going on with my
ADSL. I'm on a plan that is supposed to be capped at 256K, so my normal
download speed is around 32KB/s. Over the last few days, my average has
been more like 50KB/s, and I've just downloaded StarOffice, 117MB, at an
average speed of around 120KB/s. A _very_ distressing malfunction, I can
assure you. I don't know how long it lasts, and I can't quite figure
out why I haven't contacted my supplier to see if they know what's
going on.

--
Registered Linux User 297164
GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3
Noho ora mai, ka kite ano
http://maxqnz.com/References.html

[ot]Valid excuse for speeding? JaR MCSE 9 01-05-2005 08:23 PM
speeding up data transfer? Devin Panchal Wireless Networking 1 09-06-2004 05:46 PM
Need some hints on speeding up Spamtrap Perl 1 08-11-2004 11:25 PM
Speeding up pages OHM ASP .Net 2 05-24-2004 03:24 PM
Speeding up page display Troy ASP .Net 2 01-22-2004 09:13 PM

Advertisments