Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The Cleaner -- Update to 4.0 Professional

Reply
Thread Tools

The Cleaner -- Update to 4.0 Professional

 
 
W@L
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
Anyone found this worthwhile or problematic???
TIA

Wally.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Shep©
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 04:00:50 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know
I'm a in a hurry "W@L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Anyone found this worthwhile


Not if you have to pay for it
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html


--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
email shepATpartyheld.de
Free songs download,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/nomessiahsmusic.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
<Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>

This is Moosoft's Cleaner? If so, it, and Moosoft suck.
It's a pile of crap. Far better alternatives are:

Trojan Hunter
http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

Trojan Defense Suite (TDS-3)
http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

Trojan Remover
http://www.simplysup.com/


On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 04:00:50 -0000, in
<3_RBb.815$(E-Mail Removed)>
W@L scrawled:

>Anyone found this worthwhile or problematic???
>TIA
>
>Wally.
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Daniel Otis-Vigil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
>
> This is Moosoft's Cleaner? If so, it, and Moosoft suck.
> It's a pile of crap. Far better alternatives are:


If you have something specific you don't like about our product please
email http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) and I will address your concerns.

Daniel Otis-Vigil
MooSoft Development LLC
http://www.moosoft.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Max Quordlepleen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
(E-Mail Removed) (Daniel Otis-Vigil) writes:

> If you have something specific you don't like about our product please
> email (E-Mail Removed) and I will address your concerns.


Hmm, interesting. I had very specific, detailed concerns about your
product, relating to false positives and non-detection of real
trojans, and your response was to blacklist my IP, and email me
instructing me to desist from further attempts at communicating those
concerns. You also refused to take my address off your database, so
I'm still getting your pointless update announcements nearly 2 years
after removing your worthless POS software from my PC.

For those who are interested, here is a review of various anti-trojan
sotware. It doesn't rate The Cleaner very highly at all, although much
too highly still, in my opinion.
http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/

--
Registered Linux User 297164
GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3
Noho ora mai, ka kite ano
http://maxqnz.com/References.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-11-2003
On 11 Dec 2003 11:56:59 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Daniel Otis-Vigil scrawled:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
>>
>> This is Moosoft's Cleaner? If so, it, and Moosoft suck.
>> It's a pile of crap. Far better alternatives are:

>
>If you have something specific you don't like about our product please
>email (E-Mail Removed) and I will address your concerns.
>
>Daniel Otis-Vigil


Yes, I do have something specific I don't like about The Cleaner,
and no, I don't believe I will enter into email discussion about
this, for reasons that Max has made quite clear.

The Cleaner's detection rate for trojans is *way* below most
decent AntiVirus programs, and that is saying something. I also
don't know of another AntiTrojan program with a worse detection
rate. These comments are born from my own experiences, and
from experiences that others have shared with me.

It doesn't take a master brain to go out there and acquire a
miriad of trojans, and compare the different softwares available.
Now, I know you are going to vigorously deny this, but The Cleaner
is a pile of shite, in my opinion, and I would *never* recommend
it to anybody - in fact I would urge people to consider a better
alternative.

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
ńKs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003
LOL' you are too easy
ROTFLMAO

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 11 Dec 2003 11:56:59 -0800, in
> <(E-Mail Removed) >
> Daniel Otis-Vigil scrawled:
>
> >°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> >> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
> >>
> >> This is Moosoft's Cleaner? If so, it, and Moosoft suck.
> >> It's a pile of crap. Far better alternatives are:

> >
> >If you have something specific you don't like about our product please
> >email (E-Mail Removed) and I will address your concerns.
> >
> >Daniel Otis-Vigil

>
> Yes, I do have something specific I don't like about The Cleaner,
> and no, I don't believe I will enter into email discussion about
> this, for reasons that Max has made quite clear.
>
> The Cleaner's detection rate for trojans is *way* below most
> decent AntiVirus programs, and that is saying something. I also
> don't know of another AntiTrojan program with a worse detection
> rate. These comments are born from my own experiences, and
> from experiences that others have shared with me.
>
> It doesn't take a master brain to go out there and acquire a
> miriad of trojans, and compare the different softwares available.
> Now, I know you are going to vigorously deny this, but The Cleaner
> is a pile of shite, in my opinion, and I would *never* recommend
> it to anybody - in fact I would urge people to consider a better
> alternative.
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
AlanS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003

"Daniel Otis-Vigil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
> >
> > This is Moosoft's Cleaner? If so, it, and Moosoft suck.
> > It's a pile of crap. Far better alternatives are:

>
> If you have something specific you don't like about our product please
> email (E-Mail Removed) and I will address your concerns.
>
> Daniel Otis-Vigil
> MooSoft Development LLC
> http://www.moosoft.com



I think that a lot of people take recommendations from others. Having read
the experience of other posters I dont feel that I would trust your companis
product to do a good job, and more specifically and importantly wouldn't
trust your desire to help customers. Perhaps you should try to get a happy
existing customer base before trying to add others to a dissatisfied base?

Just for any new readers to this thread the links cut by moosoft were:


from 'Mike'
It's a pile of crap. Far better alternatives are:

Trojan Hunter
http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp

Trojan Defense Suite (TDS-3)
http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

Trojan Remover
http://www.simplysup.com/




 
Reply With Quote
 
Daniel Otis-Vigil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003
> Hmm, interesting. I had very specific, detailed concerns about your
> product, relating to false positives and non-detection of real
> trojans, and your response was to blacklist my IP, and email me
> instructing me to desist from further attempts at communicating those
> concerns. You also refused to take my address off your database, so
> I'm still getting your pointless update announcements nearly 2 years
> after removing your worthless POS software from my PC.
>
> For those who are interested, here is a review of various anti-trojan
> sotware. It doesn't rate The Cleaner very highly at all, although much
> too highly still, in my opinion.
> http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/


I vaguely recall you were harrassing me via email to point where I had
to block your emails. That review only rated The Cleaner near the top
of the list, wow, that's great!

We haven't had any false positives in some time and a very high
detection rate. In fact, much better than most. I am sorry you are
so bitter but it is really misplaced.

Daniel
 
Reply With Quote
 
Daniel Otis-Vigil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-12-2003
> It doesn't take a master brain to go out there and acquire a
> miriad of trojans, and compare the different softwares available.
> Now, I know you are going to vigorously deny this, but The Cleaner
> is a pile of shite, in my opinion, and I would *never* recommend
> it to anybody - in fact I would urge people to consider a better
> alternative.


It's your right to do so even though I think you are dead wrong.
Thank you both for reminding me why I avoid usenet.

Daniel
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update On The Windows Phone 7 Update Update Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 2 02-25-2011 08:03 AM
Windows Update for Windows XP Professional =?Utf-8?B?SmFjayBOLiBIb3BraW5z?= Windows 64bit 3 09-20-2006 11:26 AM
Diskeeper 10 Professional on x64 (update) Colin Barnhorst Windows 64bit 0 12-13-2005 09:41 PM
Office Professional 97 vs Office Professional 2000 SR-1 Me/PDX Computer Support 4 04-18-2005 12:32 AM
XP professional vs. WINDOWS 2000 Professional Harold Microsoft Certification 4 12-15-2003 03:04 PM



Advertisments