Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > update problem

update problem

Marco &Tracey Lynn Poffa

Hi,
Try first put back your old card, run the system, after uninstall the
hardware I mean the old card in the system. Turn off the PC add the new
card, and I think its enough add the new drivers. When you start all this
you cannot access to the system, at the first start press and hold F8 chose
Safe mode and should be ok. GOOD LUCK

Marco,

"Clarissa Fowler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was trying to put in a graffic card when I moved the PC
> when I plugged it in again it said "Upgrade" I clicked it
> and the computer ran through a lot of stuff then got hung up on a box that
> said there was a pass word problem. Keeps comming back then shutting down
> then repeating and the computer can only be shut off pulling the plug. (I

am
> using an old computer to send this) can anyone tell me what to do to get

it
> to work again??. It is Windows xp

Clarissa Fowler

I was trying to put in a graffic card when I moved the PC
when I plugged it in again it said "Upgrade" I clicked it
and the computer ran through a lot of stuff then got hung up on a box that
said there was a pass word problem. Keeps comming back then shutting down
then repeating and the computer can only be shut off pulling the plug. (I am
using an old computer to send this) can anyone tell me what to do to get it
to work again??. It is Windows xp

Harrison

When the computer is on, shut it off at the switch. You may have to
hold the switch in for several seconds to accomplish this.
This should force XP into the boot menu on the next restart so that
you can choose Safe Mode.
From Safe Mode, run the system restore utility.
Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
Restore the computer to a date prior to the failed upgrade.

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:42:03 -0800, "Clarissa Fowler"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was trying to put in a graffic card when I moved the PC
>when I plugged it in again it said "Upgrade" I clicked it
>and the computer ran through a lot of stuff then got hung up on a box that
>said there was a pass word problem. Keeps comming back then shutting down
>then repeating and the computer can only be shut off pulling the plug. (I am
>using an old computer to send this) can anyone tell me what to do to get it
>to work again??. It is Windows xp

Clarissa Fowler

<Harrison> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> When the computer is on, shut it off at the switch. You may have to
> hold the switch in for several seconds to accomplish this.
> This should force XP into the boot menu on the next restart so that
> you can choose Safe Mode.
> From Safe Mode, run the system restore utility.
> Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore
> Restore the computer to a date prior to the failed upgrade.

I did get the computer to turn off with the switch but when
I get it on safe mode--it has a whole lot of lines of words
that filles the screen and then the problem comes badc again.
Now what can I do?