Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > restoring mmsys.cpl

restoring mmsys.cpl

John McCallie

Was having some sound problems and in the course of trying to fix those,
found out that neither the multimedia nor the sounds icons in control panel
will respond. With help, I restored the mmsys.cpl from the win98 disc, but
now both the aforementioned icons have completely disappeared from the
control panel. When I click on the mmsys.cpl file in the system directory,
the dialogue box offers "open with control panel", but when I click that,
nothing happens.

°Mike°

Why have you taken this to a new thread?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:05:49 GMT, in
<xxOBb.80820$_M.404083@attbi_s54>
John McCallie scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

tommy

"John McCallie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsxOBb.80820$_M.404083@attbi_s54...
> Was having some sound problems and in the course of trying to fix those,
> found out that neither the multimedia nor the sounds icons in control

panel
> will respond. With help, I restored the mmsys.cpl from the win98 disc,

but
> now both the aforementioned icons have completely disappeared from the
> control panel. When I click on the mmsys.cpl file in the system

directory,
> the dialogue box offers "open with control panel", but when I click that,
> nothing happens.
>
> You might hit Start/Run/Misconfig/general/launch system restore and go

back a couple days.

John McCallie

Mike,
I wanted to just simplify for my own sake & look at one small piece at a
time. If that's dumb, incorrect or confusing, my apologies. I'm relatively
inexperienced at this and am not well versed in the protocol. Obsequiously
Yours, John
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why have you taken this to a new thread?
>

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:05:49 GMT, in
> <xxOBb.80820$_M.404083@attbi_s54>
> John McCallie scrawled:
>
> > Was having some sound problems and in the course of trying to fix

those,
> >found out that neither the multimedia nor the sounds icons in control

panel
> >will respond. With help, I restored the mmsys.cpl from the win98 disc,

but
> >now both the aforementioned icons have completely disappeared from the
> >control panel. When I click on the mmsys.cpl file in the system

directory,
> >the dialogue box offers "open with control panel", but when I click that,
> >nothing happens.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

If *is* dumb and confusing. I have replied to you in the
original thread.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:57:55 GMT, in
<niPBb.80917$_M.410164@attbi_s54>
John McCallie scrawled:

Restoring inbox B T Cloutier Firefox 4 07-29-2005 10:49 PM
Restoring Firefox from another version, that i cannot start anymore Sebastian Spandauer Firefox 4 02-26-2005 03:31 AM
Restoring my bookmarks and preferences Daniel Prince Firefox 1 09-20-2004 10:23 PM
Restoring after a format C: komodo Firefox 2 06-11-2004 05:52 AM
Re: Backing up and restoring Mozilla mail and news Leonidas Jones Firefox 1 08-07-2003 02:06 PM

Advertisments