Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dell Computers Terrible Service

Dell Computers Terrible Service

Hush-up!!

I ordered a flat Monitor from Dell a while ago - I have never ever had such
terrible service from a so called leading edge company. When delivery become
overdue - I tried to phone the "Customer Care Line" and after almost an hour
of listening to Music - I got cut off. After complaining to the lady on the
switchboard - I was finally put through - to India - where a technician
tried to help me - but it was difficult as he could not speak much English
!!!
Back to the Order Line at Dell - and straight back in the queue again for
another 25 mins of music...
What's the matter with this company ? Dont they care? Do they have so many
customers waiting to buy their product that they can treat them like a dirty
Smell ????
I shall soon be replacing my other two Computers - I shall be voting
with my Chequebook - and it certainly wont be in favour of Dell.....
Are you contemplating buying a Dell ??? Think twice - go on..... call their
helpline and see how long you have to wait.

Richard Owlett

I think you have had an unusual experience.
I have had contact with them on and off for >15 years and have seen
nothing but excellent customer service. Some definitely above and
beyond "call of duty".

May I suggest that you go to their website http://dell.com/ and avail
yourself of one of their email support options.

If you have a Dell assigned "case number"/"reference number" go to
http://support.dell.com/dellcare/Out...=us&l=en&s=gen

Hush-up!! wrote:

> I ordered a flat Monitor from Dell a while ago - I have never ever had such
> terrible service from a so called leading edge company. When delivery become
> overdue - I tried to phone the "Customer Care Line" and after almost an hour
> of listening to Music - I got cut off. After complaining to the lady on the
> switchboard - I was finally put through - to India - where a technician
> tried to help me - but it was difficult as he could not speak much English
> !!!
> Back to the Order Line at Dell - and straight back in the queue again for
> another 25 mins of music...
> What's the matter with this company ? Dont they care? Do they have so many
> customers waiting to buy their product that they can treat them like a dirty
> Smell ????
> I shall soon be replacing my other two Computers - I shall be voting
> with my Chequebook - and it certainly wont be in favour of Dell.....
> Are you contemplating buying a Dell ??? Think twice - go on..... call their
> helpline and see how long you have to wait.

Frank

You should contact Dell sales, they do not let one wait an hour,
You should also advise Dell sales of your pending order.
Also advise them you have "told the world"
Frank

"Hush-up!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<br7d1o$sft$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I ordered a flat Monitor from Dell a while ago - I have never ever had such
> terrible service from a so called leading edge company. When delivery become
> overdue - I tried to phone the "Customer Care Line" and after almost an hour
> of listening to Music - I got cut off. After complaining to the lady on the
> switchboard - I was finally put through - to India - where a technician
> tried to help me - but it was difficult as he could not speak much English
> !!!
> Back to the Order Line at Dell - and straight back in the queue again for
> another 25 mins of music...
> What's the matter with this company ? Dont they care? Do they have so many
> customers waiting to buy their product that they can treat them like a dirty
> Smell ????
> I shall soon be replacing my other two Computers - I shall be voting
> with my Chequebook - and it certainly wont be in favour of Dell.....
> Are you contemplating buying a Dell ??? Think twice - go on..... call their
> helpline and see how long you have to wait.

Billh

I have used Dell for years at home and work and have been over all happy
with them. In fact we just ordered 80 computers from them. I agree that the
service level has gone down as they have gotten bigger. We took that in to
consideration when we ordered. But in the end is there any one that is
going to do much better at the same price point?

"Hush-up!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:br7d1o$sft$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I ordered a flat Monitor from Dell a while ago - I have never ever had

such
> terrible service from a so called leading edge company. When delivery

become
> overdue - I tried to phone the "Customer Care Line" and after almost an

hour
> of listening to Music - I got cut off. After complaining to the lady on

the
> switchboard - I was finally put through - to India - where a technician
> tried to help me - but it was difficult as he could not speak much English
> !!!
> Back to the Order Line at Dell - and straight back in the queue again for
> another 25 mins of music...
> What's the matter with this company ? Dont they care? Do they have so many
> customers waiting to buy their product that they can treat them like a

dirty
> Smell ????
> I shall soon be replacing my other two Computers - I shall be voting
> with my Chequebook - and it certainly wont be in favour of Dell.....
> Are you contemplating buying a Dell ??? Think twice - go on..... call

their
> helpline and see how long you have to wait.

˝Ks

Support the Indians?

"Billh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fd7e0dd$0$219$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I have used Dell for years at home and work and have been over all happy
> with them. In fact we just ordered 80 computers from them. I agree that

the
> service level has gone down as they have gotten bigger. We took that in

> consideration when we ordered. But in the end is there any one that is
> going to do much better at the same price point?
>
> "Hush-up!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:br7d1o$sft$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I ordered a flat Monitor from Dell a while ago - I have never ever had

> such
> > terrible service from a so called leading edge company. When delivery

> become
> > overdue - I tried to phone the "Customer Care Line" and after almost an

> hour
> > of listening to Music - I got cut off. After complaining to the lady on

> the
> > switchboard - I was finally put through - to India - where a technician
> > tried to help me - but it was difficult as he could not speak much

English
> > !!!
> > Back to the Order Line at Dell - and straight back in the queue again

for
> > another 25 mins of music...
> > What's the matter with this company ? Dont they care? Do they have so

many
> > customers waiting to buy their product that they can treat them like a

> dirty
> > Smell ????
> > I shall soon be replacing my other two Computers - I shall be voting
> > with my Chequebook - and it certainly wont be in favour of Dell.....
> > Are you contemplating buying a Dell ??? Think twice - go on..... call

> their
> > helpline and see how long you have to wait.

Ski

>I think you have had an unusual experience.
>I have had contact with them on and off for >15 years and have seen
>nothing but excellent customer service. Some definitely above and
>beyond "call of duty".

You obviously haven't dealt with their phone support lately...english for
speakers of other languages is NOT what one expects when they drop a couplea
thousand dollars with a company.

Communication is DIFFICULT,
which shouldn't happen when you're dealing with a company that
SELLS COMMUNICATION DEVICES.

Ski
"The only way to find out how far is too far...
is to go there"
(remove spleen to e-mail)

Stickems

I agree with you. Dell customer service is awful. I ordered and paid for a
Dell PC on line. I was completely ignored. They didn't answer my emails,
promised to but failed to call me back, four times. In the end I bought
elsewhere.

"Hush-up!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:br7d1o$sft$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I ordered a flat Monitor from Dell a while ago - I have never ever had

such
> terrible service from a so called leading edge company. When delivery

become
> overdue - I tried to phone the "Customer Care Line" and after almost an

hour
> of listening to Music - I got cut off. After complaining to the lady on

the
> switchboard - I was finally put through - to India - where a technician
> tried to help me - but it was difficult as he could not speak much English
> !!!
> Back to the Order Line at Dell - and straight back in the queue again for
> another 25 mins of music...
> What's the matter with this company ? Dont they care? Do they have so many
> customers waiting to buy their product that they can treat them like a

dirty
> Smell ????
> I shall soon be replacing my other two Computers - I shall be voting
> with my Chequebook - and it certainly wont be in favour of Dell.....
> Are you contemplating buying a Dell ??? Think twice - go on..... call

their
> helpline and see how long you have to wait.

Cuanto

Hey all,

I do warranty repair for Dell Computers, and that keeps me really, really
busy. I still haven't decided if it's because they are crappy computers, or
just that everyone seems to have one. Anyways, one of the most common
complaints that I get when I go onsite, is that Dell's tech support/customer
support/sales support sucks really, really, bad. And when someone does call
in with a problem with Dell, they'll have the customer do all sorts of
troubleshooting while on the phone. I've had 85 year old ladies who Dell
wanted them to crack open the case, remove cards, flip cables, flash the
bios, etc.....that usually creates more problems that it solves. The way
Dell does the tech support, is that if they suspect a bad motherboard, or
hard drive, or whatever, they'll send one out either to me or the customer,
then I'll go onsite and install it. If/when I get there and I discover that
they misdiagnosed the problem (which is pretty often), then I am to call the
tech support line. Since they don't want to pay me be on hold for hours on
end, they give us field techs a different number to call, and nearly always
you get through in just a couple of minutes, and you get an American on the
line. Below is a number for you guys who don't like talking to Indians,
they only go by a problem flowchart anyway so they aren't much help.

1-888-272-3355 - have all of your documentation ready, service tag # serial
#, etc.....

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> You should contact Dell sales, they do not let one wait an hour,
> You should also advise Dell sales of your pending order.
> Also advise them you have "told the world"
> Frank
>
> "Hush-up!!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<br7d1o$sft$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > I ordered a flat Monitor from Dell a while ago - I have never ever had

such
> > terrible service from a so called leading edge company. When delivery

become
> > overdue - I tried to phone the "Customer Care Line" and after almost an

hour
> > of listening to Music - I got cut off. After complaining to the lady on

the
> > switchboard - I was finally put through - to India - where a technician
> > tried to help me - but it was difficult as he could not speak much

English
> > !!!
> > Back to the Order Line at Dell - and straight back in the queue again

for
> > another 25 mins of music...
> > What's the matter with this company ? Dont they care? Do they have so

many
> > customers waiting to buy their product that they can treat them like a

dirty
> > Smell ????
> > I shall soon be replacing my other two Computers - I shall be voting
> > with my Chequebook - and it certainly wont be in favour of Dell.....
> > Are you contemplating buying a Dell ??? Think twice - go on..... call

their
> > helpline and see how long you have to wait.

KeithS

news:3fd8a897$(E-Mail Removed)