Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Microsoft drops support for WIN 98 on Dec 15

Microsoft drops support for WIN 98 on Dec 15

Ben

Microsoft is dropping support for WIN on Dec 15.
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5116216.html

slumpy

Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Ben postulated...

> Microsoft is dropping support for WIN on Dec 15.
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5116216.html

Whoopee. Xmas comes early.
--
slumpy
no more

Artemis

Ben wrote:
> Microsoft is dropping support for WIN on Dec 15.
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5116216.html

No, they aren't. That article does not say that. Read it again.

Quote from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];LifeWin
regarding Win98 and Win98SE support.

Extended hotfix support for this product will end on 30-Jun-2003. After
16-Jan-2004, this product will be obsolete and assisted support will no
longer be available from Microsoft. Online self-help support will
continue to be available until at least 30-Jun-2006.

--
Artemis

Artemis

Ben wrote:
> Microsoft is dropping support for WIN on Dec 15.
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5116216.html

No, they aren't. That article does not say that. Read it again.

Quote from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];LifeWin
regarding Win98 and Win98SE support.

Extended hotfix support for this product will end on 30-Jun-2003. After
16-Jan-2004, this product will be obsolete and assisted support will no
longer be available from Microsoft. Online self-help support will
continue to be available until at least 30-Jun-2006.

--
Artemis

STP

my company (that i work for) has been aware of this drop of win 98 for a
while now, microsoft will still provide online suppot. through articles and
archives of known issues. mainly due to the fact that many of these articles
are still applicable to newer os as well, but live tech support will be
droped for both old and new cust. of course starting with all new coming
cust.
"Artemis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Ben wrote:
> > Microsoft is dropping support for WIN on Dec 15.
> > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5116216.html
> >

> No, they aren't. That article does not say that. Read it again.
>
> Quote from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];LifeWin
> regarding Win98 and Win98SE support.
>
> Extended hotfix support for this product will end on 30-Jun-2003. After
> 16-Jan-2004, this product will be obsolete and assisted support will no
> longer be available from Microsoft. Online self-help support will
> continue to be available until at least 30-Jun-2006.
>

> --
> Artemis

Boomer

"STP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> my company (that i work for) has been aware of this drop of win 98
> for a while now, microsoft will still provide online suppot.
> through articles and archives of known issues. mainly due to the
> fact that many of these articles are still applicable to newer os
> as well, but live tech support will be droped for both old and new
> cust. of course starting with all new coming cust.

Please reply to the person who asked the question.

Highlight the person's message you wish to reply to.
Right click. Click on "Reply Group" icon.

--
I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
-anOLDun