Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WIN2K will not recognize my second hard drive

WIN2K will not recognize my second hard drive

Tim

Please can anyone help me? since microsoft wants $245 to answer a
question, and western digital support sucks. Here I go - I have one
40gig hard drive with win2k on it and I added a second one, a wd
60gig, my bios sees the hard drive, western digital diskdiag sees the
hard drive but win2k don't. I have a third hard drive with win98 on it
just to drag file from one drive to another for computer repair. that
win98 HD sees the 60gig hard drive so i know the hard drive is
good,cabling is good, power supply is good. I started out fomatting it
with 1 30gig fat32 primary patition, that wasn't seen, so I
re-formatted it using NTFS with the full 60gig availible, that also
wasn't seen.
Please help,
thank-you
Tim

The Bear

Have you checked windows drive manager to confirm it has a designated drive
letter.

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->computer management

Navigate the tree till you find disk management find the disk / partion and
right click to assign a drive letter

Bear

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons as you are crunchy and taste good
with ketchup"

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Please can anyone help me? since microsoft wants $245 to answer a
> question, and western digital support sucks. Here I go - I have one
> 40gig hard drive with win2k on it and I added a second one, a wd
> 60gig, my bios sees the hard drive, western digital diskdiag sees the
> hard drive but win2k don't. I have a third hard drive with win98 on it
> just to drag file from one drive to another for computer repair. that
> win98 HD sees the 60gig hard drive so i know the hard drive is
> good,cabling is good, power supply is good. I started out fomatting it
> with 1 30gig fat32 primary patition, that wasn't seen, so I
> re-formatted it using NTFS with the full 60gig availible, that also
> wasn't seen.
> Please help,
> thank-you
> Tim

Tim

Thank You Bear, but when I stated WIN2K wouldn't see my second hard
drive I really ment it wouldn't no where device manager, disk
management no where but I did fix it quite easy I'm posting a new
thead for the fix.
Tim