Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > general tab has disapeared in Interenet properties

general tab has disapeared in Interenet properties

Rob Harlow

as above, I cant see the General tab to delete cookies etc in either
control panel or right -click ( this is on winxp IE 6 SP1)
any suggestions would be helpful

°Mike°

Close IE and open the registry editor (Start / Run / regedit)
at the following keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+Software
+Policies
+Microsoft
+Internet Explorer
+Control Panel

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
+Software
+Policies
+Microsoft
+Internet Explorer
+Control Panel

Look for an entry (in the right hand window) called GeneralTab.
Either right click on it and change it to 0 (zero), or delete it.

Once that is done, install, update and run the following:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware