Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AlienWare Computers

AlienWare Computers

SSeaW

alienware.com

Do you think these desktops are only for kids, teens and VERY young adults
as in late teens to to early 20's? Or do you think that all kinds of age
ranges use them?

Because I have to admit, they have some nice looking desktops, very cool
designs and a few people in my family are seriously considering buying one.
They want the desktop that has the cooling lights built into the face of the
desktop that light up the eyes and stuff. I just wanted to know what you
thought, one is late 20's the other is early 30's and they wanted to know if
they were too old for AlienWare, that it might have looked like it was only
for very young people and if they had one in their house, they would be
laughed at for having one.

Thanks.

°Mike°

If you, and the other people in your family, are so concerned
about what others think, why don't you ask these "others"
what computers you should buy? And while you're at it, ask
them how you should decorate your house, and what clothes
you should wear.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:43:11 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
"SSeaW" <IThinkIWillRemainE-MailLESS> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

Yes, Alienware makes some really cool looking boxes, and if that's
what you or they want, then go for it. As for me, since I don't have
any teeny peeny issue, and since I don't drive my pc down the public
roadways very often, what's inside is more important to me.

As an adult, I'd look more towards Falcon http://www.falcon-nw.com/ or
the Dell XPS as a high end system.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:43:11 -0500, "SSeaW"
<IThinkIWillRemainE-MailLESS> wrote:

>alienware.com
>
>Do you think these desktops are only for kids, teens and VERY young adults
>as in late teens to to early 20's? Or do you think that all kinds of age
>ranges use them?
>
>Because I have to admit, they have some nice looking desktops, very cool
>designs and a few people in my family are seriously considering buying one.
>They want the desktop that has the cooling lights built into the face of the
>desktop that light up the eyes and stuff. I just wanted to know what you
>thought, one is late 20's the other is early 30's and they wanted to know if
>they were too old for AlienWare, that it might have looked like it was only
>for very young people and if they had one in their house, they would be
>laughed at for having one.
>
>Thanks.

Harrison

Yes, Alienware makes some really cool looking boxes, and if that's
what you or they want, then go for it. As for me, since I don't have
any teeny peeny issue, and since I don't drive my pc down the public
roadways very often, what's inside is more important to me.

As an adult, I'd look more towards Falcon http://www.falcon-nw.com/ or
the Dell XPS as a high end system.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:43:11 -0500, "SSeaW"
<IThinkIWillRemainE-MailLESS> wrote:

>alienware.com
>
>Do you think these desktops are only for kids, teens and VERY young adults
>as in late teens to to early 20's? Or do you think that all kinds of age
>ranges use them?
>
>Because I have to admit, they have some nice looking desktops, very cool
>designs and a few people in my family are seriously considering buying one.
>They want the desktop that has the cooling lights built into the face of the
>desktop that light up the eyes and stuff. I just wanted to know what you
>thought, one is late 20's the other is early 30's and they wanted to know if
>they were too old for AlienWare, that it might have looked like it was only
>for very young people and if they had one in their house, they would be
>laughed at for having one.
>
>Thanks.

SSeaW

Sorry for asking! I didn't think my question was so offensive and life
altering...

"SSeaW" <IThinkIWillRemainE-MailLESS> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> alienware.com
>
> Do you think these desktops are only for kids, teens and VERY young adults
> as in late teens to to early 20's? Or do you think that all kinds of age
> ranges use them?
>
> Because I have to admit, they have some nice looking desktops, very cool
> designs and a few people in my family are seriously considering buying

one.
> They want the desktop that has the cooling lights built into the face of

the
> desktop that light up the eyes and stuff. I just wanted to know what you
> thought, one is late 20's the other is early 30's and they wanted to know

if
> they were too old for AlienWare, that it might have looked like it was

only
> for very young people and if they had one in their house, they would be
> laughed at for having one.
>
> Thanks.

Ski

>> Do you think these desktops are only for kids, teens and VERY young adults

JUST put one in somebodys yacht...fast, able to render video in a single bound,
but the primary consideration is...
24/7 customer support FROM PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ENGLISH AS A PRIMARY LANGUAGE.
My customer didn't say "WHAT? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU!" ONCE during the call I
had her make to a-w's support line, and they treated her like she was
IMPORTANT.

Alienware is my choice (instead of a custom-built-by-me) when there's a chance
they might need help at 2:00AM,
and I don't wanna answer the phone.

Ski
"The only way to find out how far is too far...
is to go there"
(remove spleen to e-mail)

°Mike°

It wasn't offensive or life altering. My point was, why worry
what others think? Make your own mind up, because you
are the one that has to use it and live with it - if you like it,
to hell with what anybody else thinks.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:03:09 -0500, in

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

It wasn't, but you must understand that you are asking for opinions
and the topic is subjective.
Opinions are like a-holes. Everybody has one, and everyone's but yours
stinks.

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:03:09 -0500, "SSeaW"
<IThinkIWillRemainE-MailLESS> wrote:

>Sorry for asking! I didn't think my question was so offensive and life
>altering...
>

>"SSeaW" <IThinkIWillRemainE-MailLESS> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> alienware.com
>>
>> Do you think these desktops are only for kids, teens and VERY young adults
>> as in late teens to to early 20's? Or do you think that all kinds of age
>> ranges use them?
>>
>> Because I have to admit, they have some nice looking desktops, very cool
>> designs and a few people in my family are seriously considering buying

>one.
>> They want the desktop that has the cooling lights built into the face of

>the
>> desktop that light up the eyes and stuff. I just wanted to know what you
>> thought, one is late 20's the other is early 30's and they wanted to know

>if
>> they were too old for AlienWare, that it might have looked like it was

>only
>> for very young people and if they had one in their house, they would be
>> laughed at for having one.
>>
>> Thanks.

Blinky the Shark

SSeaW wrote:

> Because I have to admit, they have some nice looking desktops, very cool
> designs and a few people in my family are seriously considering buying one.
> They want the desktop that has the cooling lights built into the face of the
> desktop that light up the eyes and stuff. I just wanted to know what you

I think Fisher-Price has that kind of stuff cheaper.

--
Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 297263
[still no new sig]

Basilisk

"SSeaW" <IThinkIWillRemainE-MailLESS> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> alienware.com
>
> Do you think these desktops are only for kids, teens and VERY young adults
> as in late teens to to early 20's? Or do you think that all kinds of age
> ranges use them?

This must be a troll. All ages use Alienware, idiot. Certainly far
more adults than non-adults.