Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Much of a Muchness

Much of a Muchness

Dave Watson

Hi,

I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart from
taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard dick.

What is the best or most widely accepted piece of software that will erase
and permanently delete data from a hard drive in so much that it is
practically impossible to recover it again once removed.

TIA,

Dave.

Paul - xxx

Dave Watson posted ...

> Hi,
>
> I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart
> from taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard
> dick.
>
> What is the best or most widely accepted piece of software that will
> erase and permanently delete data from a hard drive in so much that
> it is practically impossible to recover it again once removed.

Dunno, depends what you mean by 'best' ...

I've tried http://www.quickwiper.com/ and found it good enough ..

--
Paul

B.Al.Zeebub

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:13:02 +0000, Be.Al.Zeebub read and pondered:

>> I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart
>> from taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard
>> dick.

Ouch!

Bob Regis

Dave Watson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart
> from taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard
> dick.
>
> What is the best or most widely accepted piece of software that will
> erase and permanently delete data from a hard drive in so much that
> it is practically impossible to recover it again once removed.
>
> TIA,
>
> Dave.

Drive scrubber from www.iolo.com (get it free for trial).
Promises to wipe it to some ridiculous level of security used by the
government or something.

William Poaster

It was on Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:36:03 +0000, just as I was halfway through a

http://www.geocities.com/thestarman3/asm/mbr/WIPE.html
--
Linux User #: 305646.
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

°Mike°

One wiper is as good as the next, supposing the same
level of wipes on each. Eraser is free.
http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:36:03 -0000, in
<U9FAb.18115$(E-Mail Removed)9.net>
Dave Watson scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Trevor Smith

"Dave Watson" <spammed.off@invalid> wrote in message
news:U9FAb.18115$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> Hi,
>
> I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart from
> taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard dick.

....OUCH!

TRADESMAN

Dave Watson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bet this is not the last time this issue gets an airing but apart
> from taking a angle grinder/stihl saw and a sledge hammer to a hard
> dick.
>
> What is the best or most widely accepted piece of software that will
> erase and permanently delete data from a hard drive in so much that
> it is practically impossible to recover it again once removed.
>
> TIA,
>
> Dave.

www.cyberscrub.com

Costs about $55, but exceeds DoD standards and has lifetime upgrades.