Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OpenGL Error...

OpenGL Error...

BC

I got counter strike installed, and cannot go to desktop for any reason, be
it me trying to find a server on the net while playing, or norton notifies
me of an instrusion attempt, i get the following Fatal Error message:
"Unable to set OpenGL context" followed by an Application Error (hl.exe
which is half life)message:
"The instruction at "0x03ab1b49" referenced memory at "0x03d4a148". The
memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."

anyone have any ideas, before I reinstalled XP last week, it was fine, but
now, its this silly error. I have installed the latest GFX drivers, direct x
etc.

thanx for reading, and hopefully u can shed some light on this problem.

°Mike°

Is the version of DirectX the same version you had previously?
DirectX 9 doesn't play nice on some systems.

I would also try uninstalling and re-installing Half Life, and check
for any patches that may be available.

Control your startups:
----------------------
StartupList
http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

Startup Monitor
http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

Startup Control Panel
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

ASpy
http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

Check what's necessary and what isn't
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup...tartup_all.php
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...s/tasklist.htm

Services Guide for Windows XP
http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

Windows XP Service Configurations
http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Windows XP Strange Service Information
http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/strangeservice.htm

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:05:59 -0000, in
<bWvAb.4838$(E-Mail Removed)>
BC scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem Microsoft Certification 5 03-07-2009 09:31 AM
Learning Java Bindings for OpenGL Ch3 available Gene Davis Java 0 07-05-2004 04:53 PM
Java Bindings for OpenGL Gene Davis Java 0 06-26-2004 03:00 PM
openGL and 1.5 nos Java 3 03-05-2004 06:32 PM
OpenGL from JNI on MacOSX Andy Skinner Java 0 01-08-2004 04:08 PM

Advertisments