Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help=WindowsXP

Help=WindowsXP

PeterPan

I have Totaly Reinstalled WindowsXP
almost everything appears to be working
Except:
when I goto Windows Update
There is NO Icon to Click on for MSN to Scan my PC.
I am Unable to Download anything
Any Ideas or Suggestions please
Thanks for Your Time & Trouble
Everyone Have a Nice Christmas
from Peter

JOE

could it be you must increase the window size to reveal the scan icon?
"PeterPan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%LqAb.1264$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have Totaly Reinstalled WindowsXP
> almost everything appears to be working
> Except:
> when I goto Windows Update
> There is NO Icon to Click on for MSN to Scan my PC.
> I am Unable to Download anything
> Any Ideas or Suggestions please
> Thanks for Your Time & Trouble
> Everyone Have a Nice Christmas
> from Peter

rifleman

In article <%LqAb.1264$(E-Mail Removed)>,
|I have Totaly Reinstalled WindowsXP
|almost everything appears to be working
|Except:
|when I goto Windows Update
|There is NO Icon to Click on for MSN to Scan my PC.
|I am Unable to Download anything
|Any Ideas or Suggestions please
|Thanks for Your Time & Trouble
|Everyone Have a Nice Christmas
|from Peter

try a windows XP newsgroup?

Budweiser

not sure what you are asking here
why do you need or want msn to scan your pc?
i assume you have a generic system that has/had msn installed as your
default homepage and as such you have become used to that
what do you want it to scan for?---if it is the windows update just go to
the site and click search
link is
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

yes i know i top post-----i also hardly use punctuation or caps
so shoot me i must be a bad man
rephrase that---who wrote the netiquette rules--someone with far to much
time on his/her hands
just wish my clock was off aswell to upset a few more who have nothing
better to do with life

call that 2 dollars worth---the weight is now off the chest so to speak
"PeterPan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%LqAb.1264$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have Totaly Reinstalled WindowsXP
> almost everything appears to be working
> Except:
> when I goto Windows Update
> There is NO Icon to Click on for MSN to Scan my PC.
> I am Unable to Download anything
> Any Ideas or Suggestions please
> Thanks for Your Time & Trouble
> Everyone Have a Nice Christmas
> from Peter

°Mike°

http://windows.update.microsoft.com/

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:13:21 -0000, in
<%LqAb.1264$(E-Mail Removed)>
PeterPan scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

I write my rules. Yep, you'll fit in one quite nicely.

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 22:45:54 -0000, in
<y_sAb.1076$(E-Mail Removed)>
Budweiser scrawled:

<snip>