Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > start and taskbar moved

start and taskbar moved

>Colin

Please tell me how to put the taskbar back to where it used to be along the
bottom and the start back to the lower left instead of where it has now
somehow moved to?

docmill

">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in news:TXbAb.570727$6C4.366864@pd7tw1no:

> Please tell me how to put the taskbar back to where it used to be along the
> bottom and the start back to the lower left instead of where it has now
> somehow moved to?

Get in the car, and with the mouse pointer in front of you, drive until you
come upon it, then hold down the left mouse button, put the car in reverse
and back up to where you came from and drop it at the bottom of the screen.
--
+++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"

>Colin

sorry I don't understand.

"docmill" <docmill@nyet_excited.com;up> wrote in message
news:Xns9448BCCF397A0docmillexcitenyetcom@216.168. 3.44...
> ">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in news:TXbAb.570727$6C4.366864@pd7tw1no:
>
> > Please tell me how to put the taskbar back to where it used to be along

the
> > bottom and the start back to the lower left instead of where it has now
> > somehow moved to?
> >

> Get in the car, and with the mouse pointer in front of you, drive until

you
> come upon it, then hold down the left mouse button, put the car in reverse
> and back up to where you came from and drop it at the bottom of the

screen.
> --
> +++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
> Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"

Boomer

docmill <docmill@nyet_excited.com;up> wrote in
news:Xns9448BCCF397A0docmillexcitenyetcom@216.168. 3.44:

> ">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in
>
>> Please tell me how to put the taskbar back to where it used to be
>> along the bottom and the start back to the lower left instead of
>> where it has now somehow moved to?
>>

> Get in the car, and with the mouse pointer in front of you, drive
> until you come upon it, then hold down the left mouse button, put
> the car in reverse and back up to where you came from and drop it
> at the bottom of the screen.

ROTFLMAO

--
I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
-anOLDun

Boomer

">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in news:z9cAb.570815$6C4.307821@pd7tw1no:

> sorry I don't understand.

He's being silly. Take out the "car" part in the directions he gave.

Click on the edge of the taskbar and drag it to where you want it.

> "docmill" <docmill@nyet_excited.com;up> wrote in message
> news:Xns9448BCCF397A0docmillexcitenyetcom@216.168. 3.44...
>> ">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in
>>
>> > Please tell me how to put the taskbar back to where it used to
>> > be along

> the
>> > bottom and the start back to the lower left instead of where it
>> > has now somehow moved to?
>> >

>> Get in the car, and with the mouse pointer in front of you, drive
>> until

> you
>> come upon it, then hold down the left mouse button, put the car
>> in reverse and back up to where you came from and drop it at the
>> bottom of the

> screen.
>> --
>> +++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
>> Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"

--
I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
-anOLDun

>Colin

news:3fd15086$0$31349$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> ">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in news:z9cAb.570815$6C4.307821@pd7tw1no:
>
> > sorry I don't understand.

> He's being silly. Take out the "car" part in the directions he gave.
>
> Click on the edge of the taskbar and drag it to where you want it.

--------------------------------

It will only drag to the middle of the screen.

docmill

">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in news:Y9dAb.572703$pl3.433973@pd7tw3no:

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fd15086$0$31349$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> ">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in news:z9cAb.570815$6C4.307821@pd7tw1no:
>>
>> > sorry I don't understand.

>> He's being silly. Take out the "car" part in the directions he gave.
>>
>> Click on the edge of the taskbar and drag it to where you want it.

> --------------------------------
>
> It will only drag to the middle of the screen.

What?? Where are you dragging it from? Try put it on the side and then move
it to the bottom. And just for the ff of it, check that you don't have task
bar hide option checked.

--
+++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"

Patrick

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fd15086$0$31349$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> ">Colin" <van@.com> wrote in news:z9cAb.570815$6C4.307821@pd7tw1no:
>>
>>> sorry I don't understand.

>> He's being silly. Take out the "car" part in the directions he gave.
>>
>> Click on the edge of the taskbar and drag it to where you want it.

> --------------------------------
>
> It will only drag to the middle of the screen.

Hold on thiere '>Colin',
You are trying to do something else, you are changing the *size* of the
Toobar at the moment.
Take it back towards the side so it is not too small, now put the cursor
inside the Taskbar (not on it's edge), click and hold the left button, still
holding left-button down, drag down towards the bottom, when you see it snap
into place, let the button go. Note that the Taskbar will appear not to be
moveing until your cursor is more than half-way to it's destination.

Hopefully you have got the Taskbar where you want it (at the bottom), then
right-click the Taskbar and click where it says 'Lock the Taskbar' (a tick
will appear against it).

docmill

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hudAb.611$(E-Mail Removed):

>> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:3fd15086$0$31349$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...

>>> He's being silly. Take out the "car" part in the directions he gave.
>>>
>>> Click on the edge of the taskbar and drag it to where you want it.

>> --------------------------------
>>
>> It will only drag to the middle of the screen.

> Hold on thiere '>Colin',
> You are trying to do something else, you are changing the *size* of the
> Toobar at the moment.
> Take it back towards the side so it is not too small, now put the cursor
> inside the Taskbar (not on it's edge), click and hold the left button,
> still holding left-button down, drag down towards the bottom, when you
> see it snap into place, let the button go. Note that the Taskbar will
> appear not to be moveing until your cursor is more than half-way to it's
> destination.
>
> Hopefully you have got the Taskbar where you want it (at the bottom),
> then right-click the Taskbar and click where it says 'Lock the Taskbar'
> (a tick will appear against it).

Boomer, did you get this? Ack nu, neznaio!

#1, I am not 'Boomer', if you wish to address 'Boomer' do so privately, or
to one of her posts.
#2, What 'pray tell' does the above psuedo-German mean (presumeably it is
meant to be German)
#3, Do tell what your awfully subtle point might be.

Delphi 2007 + Themed support + WinXP64Pro + Side Taskbar = System Crash + Taskbar not working. Skybuck Flying Windows 64bit 4 08-27-2007 02:17 PM
start menu moved Moth Computer Support 6 08-10-2006 09:50 AM
start button moved--how do I move it back MZB Computer Support 2 10-20-2005 06:45 AM
Day shown on taskbar and unable to make settings on taskbar displays. Charlie Evans Computer Support 4 05-31-2005 03:01 PM
Removal of Customize Notifications under TaskBar and Start Menu Properties Flighty Computer Support 5 12-28-2003 02:10 PM

Advertisments