Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Agent 1.9 newsreader question

Agent 1.9 newsreader question

Steve

Howdy all.....

My news server allows me to download up to 5 connections. I have Newsrover
which I can connect 5 with, but Agent 1.9 seems to only make 1....possibly 2
connections while downloading. Is there a way to update my server
connections to 5 for Agent?

Any help would be appreciated & thank you in advance.....

Steve

why?

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:59:52 GMT, Steve wrote:

>Howdy all.....
>
>My news server allows me to download up to 5 connections. I have Newsrover
>which I can connect 5 with, but Agent 1.9 seems to only make 1....possibly 2
>connections while downloading. Is there a way to update my server
>connections to 5 for Agent?

<snip>

Try AGENT.INI in the helpfile, or the newsgroup
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent with an old faq
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/off-line-re...t/forte-agent/
or http://jlbradley.home.att.net/

Me

Boomer

Steve, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Howdy all.....
>
> My news server allows me to download up to 5 connections. I have
> Newsrover which I can connect 5 with, but Agent 1.9 seems to
> only make 1....possibly 2 connections while downloading. Is
> there a way to update my server connections to 5 for Agent?
>
> Any help would be appreciated & thank you in advance.....
>
> Steve

Did you see the replies to your first question about this?

why?

On 05 Dec 2003 16:01:58 GMT, Boomer wrote:

>Steve, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Howdy all.....
>>
>> My news server allows me to download up to 5 connections. I have

<snip>

>Did you see the replies to your first question about this?

Argh ... didn't see it, was only only yesterday.

Me

Boomer

why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 05 Dec 2003 16:01:58 GMT, Boomer wrote:
>
>>Steve, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy all.....
>>>
>>> My news server allows me to download up to 5 connections. I have

> <snip>
>

>>Did you see the replies to your first question about this?

> Argh ... didn't see it, was only only yesterday.
>
> Me

I can understand how some can miss the original post. But *he* should
be looking for the replies rather than reposting.

Steve

Hi....

No, I didnt see them.....I was looking for a response but didnt see
anything. Thats why I posted it again. I thought maybe it got lost on the
server somewhere.

Steve

Like I said, there were no responses that came through yesterday....at least
where I sit. I thought it was weird since I've been on here before and asked
for help about other issues and never had a no-response.

Steve

Thanks....I'll look there in the .ini file.

gangle

"Steve" wrote

Who the **** are you talking to?