Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MSN Messenger Problem

MSN Messenger Problem

Shirley Azvedo

My sister uses XP and I use 98SE. She has her machine set to display her
NAME on my machine but it doesn't. On my machine it's her email address
that is displayed. Just started a couple days ago. Worked fine before that
and displayed her NAME on my machine. How can she/we correct this so it
will display her NAME on my machine?

Brian H

Shirley Azvedo said:

> My sister uses XP and I use 98SE. She has her machine set to display her
> NAME on my machine but it doesn't. On my machine it's her email address
> that is displayed. Just started a couple days ago. Worked fine before that
> and displayed her NAME on my machine. How can she/we correct this so it
> will display her NAME on my machine?

She can't set anything on your machine, that's for you to do.
Take a look at your options.

nemo

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:27:10 -0000, Brian H wrote:

> Shirley Azvedo said:
>
>> My sister uses XP and I use 98SE. She has her machine set to display her
>> NAME on my machine but it doesn't. On my machine it's her email address
>> that is displayed. Just started a couple days ago. Worked fine before that
>> and displayed her NAME on my machine. How can she/we correct this so it
>> will display her NAME on my machine?

> She can't set anything on your machine, that's for you to do.
> Take a look at your options.

Yes she can, she needs to open msn go to tools, options and type her
name into My Display Name.

Regards

nemo