Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE6 doesn't save former page...?

IE6 doesn't save former page...?

Kenneth

Howdy,

I just noticed that my IE6 is doing something odd.

Formerly, if I moved from one web page to another, and then went back
to the first page, it appeared almost immediately (because is was
cached, I assumed). Now, when I return to the former page, it
downloads again.

I have not changed any IE settings, and so am baffled.

Might you have any suggestions?

Sincere thanks,

--
Kenneth

Jerry G.

In any case, in IE, go to Tools, General, and under Temporary Internet
Files, click on Settings. Check to see that infact the settings are
allowing it to use the temporary files.

You may have installed some other program, browser, email utility, browser
utility, or visited a site that used some Java, or whatever, and the setting
got changed. I have seen this on some client's computers.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Kenneth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Howdy,

I just noticed that my IE6 is doing something odd.

Formerly, if I moved from one web page to another, and then went back
to the first page, it appeared almost immediately (because is was
cached, I assumed). Now, when I return to the former page, it
downloads again.

I have not changed any IE settings, and so am baffled.

Might you have any suggestions?

Sincere thanks,

--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:34:03 -0500, "Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In any case, in IE, go to Tools, General, and under Temporary Internet
>Files, click on Settings. Check to see that infact the settings are
>allowing it to use the temporary files.
>
>You may have installed some other program, browser, email utility, browser
>utility, or visited a site that used some Java, or whatever, and the setting
>got changed. I have seen this on some client's computers.
>

>--
>
>Greetings,
>
>Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
>WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
>Electronics http://www.zoom-one.com/electron.htm
>

>"Kenneth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>Howdy,
>
>I just noticed that my IE6 is doing something odd.
>
>Formerly, if I moved from one web page to another, and then went back
>to the first page, it appeared almost immediately (because is was
>cached, I assumed). Now, when I return to the former page, it
>downloads again.
>
>I have not changed any IE settings, and so am baffled.
>
>Might you have any suggestions?
>
>Sincere thanks,

Hi Jerry,

Indeed, somehow, the "Check for changes" setting had been changed from
"Never" to "Automatically."

All is well now.

Sincere thanks,

--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:52:47 -0500, Kenneth
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:34:03 -0500, "Jerry G." <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>In any case, in IE, go to Tools, General, and under Temporary Internet
>>Files, click on Settings. Check to see that infact the settings are
>>allowing it to use the temporary files.
>>
>>You may have installed some other program, browser, email utility, browser
>>utility, or visited a site that used some Java, or whatever, and the setting
>>got changed. I have seen this on some client's computers.
>>

>>--
>>
>>Greetings,
>>
>>Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
>>=========================================
>>WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
>>Electronics http://www.zoom-one.com/electron.htm
>>=========================================
>>

>>"Kenneth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>Howdy,
>>
>>I just noticed that my IE6 is doing something odd.
>>
>>Formerly, if I moved from one web page to another, and then went back
>>to the first page, it appeared almost immediately (because is was
>>cached, I assumed). Now, when I return to the former page, it
>>downloads again.
>>
>>I have not changed any IE settings, and so am baffled.
>>
>>Might you have any suggestions?
>>
>>Sincere thanks,

>Hi Jerry,
>
>Indeed, somehow, the "Check for changes" setting had been changed from
>"Never" to "Automatically."
>
>All is well now.
>
>Sincere thanks,

Hi again,

Well, I spoke too soon...

The setting still shows "Never" but something is not working. When I
return to the former page, it DLs again rather than refreshing from
the cache.

Might you have any other ideas about this?

Sincere thanks,

--
Kenneth