Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > longhorn

longhorn

BW

anyone heard anything about this OS?

Trent C

There were reports that an alpha copy was pirated in Malaysia and went on
sale there a week or so back. I imagine there'll be reviews doing the
rounds on the net shortly...

> anyone heard anything about this OS?

SwaY-RideR

Yeah!!!
Are you gonna tell us something more
OR
want to know more???
in the later case visit here
http://members.microsoft.com/partner....aspx#P38_1577

"BW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> anyone heard anything about this OS?

Jammer

Do a google search . From I was reading , It looks like some machines will
take it and some will not.

BW wrote:
> anyone heard anything about this OS?

Ken Briscoe

> There were reports that an alpha copy was pirated in Malaysia and went on
> sale there a week or so back. I imagine there'll be reviews doing the
> rounds on the net shortly...

I believe this is the copy already officially given out by Microsoft to
MSDN customers - developers. It's just been copied illegally, and is now
being sold in Malaysia for like a dollar or so. It is an alpha version, it
is far from ready for everyday use. Once it goes through beta (sometime
next year), it will be much more user friendly, and near-completion. If you
get your hands on a copy now, I'd suggest not using it for any length of
time, you'll probably just get too frustrated with it. Wait till it's
legit.

--

KB - MCNGP #26

Boomer

BW, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> anyone heard anything about this OS?

Yes.

HamMan

"Jammer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BiGzb.3959$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do a google search . From I was reading , It looks like some machines will
> take it and some will not.
>
> BW wrote:
> > anyone heard anything about this OS?

It crawled on an 1800+ Athlon, saw somewhere that microsoft are designing it
for the 'next generation' Presscot core P4 CPU's at around 6GHz

Jammer

I have my software on the partition . Thanks to HP. I read , It installs the
software to the harddrive. So if it not broken dont fix it. I have
windowblinds, WindowsFX to make it a little prettier. Both programs cost
around fifty dollars. I'm happy with that.

HamMan wrote:
> "Jammer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BiGzb.3959$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Do a google search . From I was reading , It looks like some
>> machines will take it and some will not.
>>
>> BW wrote:
>>> anyone heard anything about this OS?

> It crawled on an 1800+ Athlon, saw somewhere that microsoft are
> designing it for the 'next generation' Presscot core P4 CPU's at
> around 6GHz

William Poaster

It was on Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:58:03 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that BW wrote:

> anyone heard anything about this OS?

"Longhorn could be 2005 or 2006," Gates told a
small group of journalists....

Then this:-
http://www.microsoft-watch.com/artic...1332766,00.asp
As for it's security:-
http://www.internetwk.com/breakingNe...cleID=15800670
Some FAQs here:-
http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/longhorn.asp

--
Linux User #: 305646.
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

William Poaster

It was on Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:57:11 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
large jam doughnut, that Boomer wrote:

> BW, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> anyone heard anything about this OS?

> Yes.

Yes...found this bit of 'interesting' news
about Google though.

http://www.scroogle.org/fiasco.html

--
Linux User #: 305646.
SuSE Linux Pro 9.0

Longhorn Wireless Diagnostics: What's important to you? Eddy Malik [MSFT] Wireless Networking 9 11-03-2004 05:53 PM
longhorn showgun MCSE 14 12-11-2003 08:37 AM
Longhorn David Mukaiwa MCSD 3 12-03-2003 11:10 PM
Anyone know where to get Longhorn OS? Nicholas gary MCSE 31 09-17-2003 05:41 PM

Advertisments