Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > FrontPage 2000 - Permissions

FrontPage 2000 - Permissions

Linda Riddle

I have inadvertantly changed the security/permissions in FP2000 and I can
not edit my websites. The Security box is now greyed out and I can not
change the permissions. Help ! I am prompted repeatedly for username and
password.

why?

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 05:57:55 GMT, Linda Riddle wrote:

>I have inadvertantly changed the security/permissions in FP2000 and I can

Also mention OS as well as FP version, maybe even FPSE version as well.

>not edit my websites. The Security box is now greyed out and I can not

You did backup the metabase file, before making changes to security ?
http://web-developer.boeldt.net/IIS_Metabase_Backup.asp

>change the permissions. Help ! I am prompted repeatedly for username and
>password.

So entering a password /username works or does not work? Your username
or administrator?

Login as administrator, to change web permissions.

Always create a backup login account and assign it to admin rights for
things like FP permissions.

www.google.com
Searched English pages for
frontpage reset web permissions

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307237
When you create or edit a Web with Microsoft FrontPage 2000, you can set
permissions and limit access to the Web that you create. This article
explains how to reset the user permissions of a Web page back to default
settings.

Me

Jerry G.

You will have to somehow log in as administrator, to be able to change it
back.

If you want to upload to your page without using FrontPage, you can do it
with Windows Explorer. There are also some free FTP utilities around that
will do this for you. I prefer to use Internet Explorer.

Get on to your site with Internet Explorer. In the Address Line, type
ftp://sitename.com and when you get to the site, you can then enter the
site account and password at the prompts that will come up. Once logged on,
you can save this as a favourite, and use it all the time for uploading.
you will have a window displayed, as if the site is on your hard drive. You
can drag and drop files in either direction from or to your system.

If you do not get the name and password prompt, you can find it under File
in the upper left toolbar of Internet Explorer. When logging on, it can take
minute or two for the FTP window of your site to come up.

When in Internet Explorer, if you click on the upper frame, and then press
F1, you should get help. Do an index search on FTP, and there should be
some very good detailed instructions about this.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Linda Riddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news1Azb.80954$(E-Mail Removed)...
I have inadvertantly changed the security/permissions in FP2000 and I can
not edit my websites. The Security box is now greyed out and I can not
change the permissions. Help ! I am prompted repeatedly for username and
password.

Liz

"Linda Riddle" wrote:
> I have inadvertantly changed the security/permissions in FP2000 and I can
> not edit my websites. The Security box is now greyed out and I can not
> change the permissions.

FP2000: Security Command Is Not Available on Tools Menu