Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > blocking email address

blocking email address

Project Test

I have read some posts in various groups, and have seen that some people
block out their email address in posts...this will be my first time posting
to a group at all, so I don't even know what mine will look like, but I'm
assuming it will not be blocked out. Is there some special software that
automatically does this, or are there any tips that anyone knows of to do
this? I fear posting to groups because I don't want my email address to be
targeted for Spam; I guess I could just keep creating "junk" email addy's,
but there must be a better way...if anyone has any ideas or suggestions,
they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

°Mike°

SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:36:07 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Project Test scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Project Test

Thanks for your help Mike

°> http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
°> http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

°> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:36:07 -0800, in
°> <(E-Mail Removed)>
°> Project Test scrawled:

>>I have read some posts in various groups, and have seen that some people
>>block out their email address in posts...this will be my first time posting
>>to a group at all, so I don't even know what mine will look like, but I'm
>>assuming it will not be blocked out. Is there some special software that
>>automatically does this, or are there any tips that anyone knows of to do
>>this? I fear posting to groups because I don't want my email address to be
>>targeted for Spam; I guess I could just keep creating "junk" email addy's,
>>but there must be a better way...if anyone has any ideas or suggestions,
>>they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
To reply to me, replace "invalid" with "linkline" for my address.

°Mike°

Unfortunately, you have it wrong. "Invalid.com" is a
valid domain. The 'invalid' must come at the end of
the address - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid .

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:51:56 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Project Test scrawled:

>Thanks for your help Mike
>
>Wednesday, December 3, 2003, °Mike° wrote:
>°> SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
>°> http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
>°> http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm
>

>°> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:36:07 -0800, in
>°> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>°> Project Test scrawled:
>
>>>I have read some posts in various groups, and have seen that some people
>>>block out their email address in posts...this will be my first time posting
>>>to a group at all, so I don't even know what mine will look like, but I'm
>>>assuming it will not be blocked out. Is there some special software that
>>>automatically does this, or are there any tips that anyone knows of to do
>>>this? I fear posting to groups because I don't want my email address to be
>>>targeted for Spam; I guess I could just keep creating "junk" email addy's,
>>>but there must be a better way...if anyone has any ideas or suggestions,
>>>they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Nathan

Thanks Mike; oh well, I tried. I'm just going to block it entirely,
unless that is against the rules of some groups. Thanks again for your
help.

Wednesday, December 3, 2003, °Mike° wrote:
°> Unfortunately, you have it wrong. "Invalid.com" is a
°> valid domain. The 'invalid' must come at the end of
°> the address - (E-Mail Removed)lid .

°> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:51:56 -0800, in
°> <(E-Mail Removed)>
°> Project Test scrawled:

>>Thanks for your help Mike
>>
>>Wednesday, December 3, 2003, °Mike° wrote:
>>°> SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
>>°> http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
>>°> http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm
>>

>>°> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:36:07 -0800, in
>>°> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>°> Project Test scrawled:

--
If you want to reply to me only, post a message in the group asking
for my address. (make sure the string "nathan" is somewhere in the to

°Mike°

That one looks fine, and no, it's not against any rules - quite
the opposite.

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:09:04 -0800, in
<86104116006.20031204000904@___A>
Nathan scrawled: