Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win2K - can't get Flash to run or install

Win2K - can't get Flash to run or install

Savinder Chauhan

Hi,

I have a Win2K machine with the latest service packs and security patches
installed. I am using IE6 (latest patches) and have a problem with Flash.

Flash images just produce a missing image box in my browser. I have tried to
install Flash, but it doesn't work - I click on the install button and it
sits there and does nothing.

I have unregistered the Flash and Shockwave components and rebooted, then
tried to reinstall. Shockwave installs but Flash does not.

I have also checked the permissions on the Macromedia folder and I have full
control.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Sav.