Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to remove/delete 24 hour support messages no longer available?

How to remove/delete 24 hour support messages no longer available?

Patrick

As far as I know, they will dissapear when you exit and re-enter the group !

°Mike°

Please place your question here, in the body, not in the
subject line.

Right click on the group, choose 'Properties / Local File' tab.
Press 'Reset'.

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:44:28 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

<piggy-backed; as 'blank subject' posts don't appear on this server>

°Mike° wrote:

> Please place your question here, in the body, not in the
> subject line.
>
> Right click on the group, choose 'Properties / Local File' tab.
> Press 'Reset'.

The only drawback to this is that all messages will be marked as
"unread". I usually do a periodic, manual deletion of older messages.
(To the OP): To do this; first "Group messages by conversation"
should be *unchecked* (to avoid deleting new posts under old subject
lines). Scroll down and select the date of the most recent post you wish
to delete (I usually keep about three weeks-worth). Highlight that post,
scroll to the bottom of the list, and click on the last (earliest) post
while holding the "shift" key, to highlight the block of old posts, and
then use the delete key.
The group should be manually 'compacted', then. Right-click the
folder > Properties > Local File > Compact.
A little more elaborate than some people would bother with, but
worth a mention now and then; for people that want to speed the process
of getting in and out of the group.

--
"Excuse me, and thanks for the lift, °Mike°."