Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Networking and computers who cant see each other.

Networking and computers who cant see each other.

Chris

I bought an Etech wireless router and wanted to link up my Laptop to my
broadband connection linked up to my PC.
I got precious little documentation but somehow stumbled through. The Laptop
is connected to the internet (very impressive too!) however I haven't a clue
how to set up the network for file sharing. I think things might be
complicated by the fact that the PC is running Win98SE and the Laptop is XP.
I checked the IP address of both computers and they were the same. I can get
access to all the various setting screens via the PC but simply dont know
what to tweak or configure. Any simple ideas?

why?

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:39:41 +0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:

>I bought an Etech wireless router and wanted to link up my Laptop to my

<snip>
>is connected to the internet (very impressive too!) however I haven't a clue
>how to set up the network for file sharing. I think things might be

Sharing / Home networking
http://www.helmig.com/
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

>complicated by the fact that the PC is running Win98SE and the Laptop is XP.
>I checked the IP address of both computers and they were the same. I can get

The address should not be the same.

>access to all the various setting screens via the PC but simply dont know
>what to tweak or configure. Any simple ideas?

BY newsgroup
blueyonder.users.self-help.networking
blueyonder.users.self-help

Me