Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Interesting Software Sites (?) or Just Plain SCAMS (?)

Interesting Software Sites (?) or Just Plain SCAMS (?)

Bay0Wulf

Recently I am getting pretty regular ads offering OEM non-documented
software for amazing prices
for instance: PageMaker 7.0 @ $60.00, AutoDesk AutoCAD @ $100.00, Photoshop
7.0 @ $60.00, MS XP-Pro 2002 @ 40.00

I know some of these programs well enough to buy them without docs BUT ...
the prices are ... well, too good to be true ...

I was always taught that if it seemed too good to be true it probably wasn't

Does anyone know if this is just some scam or is ther any way that this is
legit (or even semi-legit) because these things are even cheaper than the
upgrades I would have to buy to stay current in these programs (some of
which I own ... having paid well over $500)

This particular site is: http://www.oem-sale.biz/adv11/

What is your thoughts or opinions on this?

Thanks
- Bay0Wulf

-= Hawk =-

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 07:34:27 GMT, "Bay0Wulf"
<(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled:

>What is your thoughts or opinions on this?

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Riddles II, v3
- T. Pratchett

Alien Zord

"Bay0Wulf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7aCyb.135190$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Recently I am getting pretty regular ads offering OEM non-documented
> software for amazing prices
>
> This particular site is: http://www.oem-sale.biz
>
> What is your thoughts or opinions on this?

Also oem-cd.biz, host-800.info and probably others.

OEM-SALE.BIZ, OEM-CD.BIZ, HOST-800.INFO
Name: Andrey Gurkov
Company: ZAO TATCBE
Address:
Novie Cheremushinskaya str. 15a-7-77
Tula 101671
Russian Federation
RU

You could always try emailing the registrant.

Mitch

In article
<7aCyb.135190$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bay0Wulf
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Recently I am getting pretty regular ads offering OEM non-documented
> software for amazing prices
> for instance: PageMaker 7.0 @ $60.00, AutoDesk AutoCAD @ $100.00, Photoshop
> 7.0 @ $60.00, MS XP-Pro 2002 @ 40.00
>
> I know some of these programs well enough to buy them without docs BUT ...
> the prices are ... well, too good to be true ...

They are illegal.
Software publishers don't save much of anything by not providing docs.
Their major costs aren't in packaging and documentation -- they are in
development! (Excepting Microsoft, of course.)