Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > dust.exe

dust.exe

jonbenken

i keep finding dust.exe process running and all .exe's in 'my shared folder'
suddenly become much bigger.........they will no longer run and when scanned
with avg have no virus deteched
....does anyone know of this virus?

Boomer

"jonbenken" <(E-Mail Removed) >
wrote in news:cKyyb.1158$(E-Mail Removed):

> i keep finding dust.exe process running and all .exe's in 'my
> shared folder' suddenly become much bigger.........they will no
> longer run and when scanned with avg have no virus deteched
> ...does anyone know of this virus?

Look for the messages, in this group:
Subject: CURE FOR VIRUS

bb3

"jonbenken" <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
message news:cKyyb.1158$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i keep finding dust.exe process running and all .exe's in 'my shared

folder'
> suddenly become much bigger.........they will no longer run and when

scanned
> with avg have no virus deteched
> ...does anyone know of this virus?

It appears to be the W32/Duster virus spread through Kazaa...
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100841.htm