Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Overnet Display Problem

Overnet Display Problem

Moke G

Up to recently, I've been using Overnet for my file sharing with no problems
at all. But suddenly, the other day, I opened up Usernet and discovered that
the display had changed. It then showed the upload details only whereas
before, it showed both my downloads AND uploads (uploads underneath the
downloads).

I then decided to upgrade (as requested) to the latest version (0.52),
thinking that this might solve the problem. But. no such luck -- the display
still only gives details of the uploads.

At the bottom of the window, it says that there are downloads taking place
(giving the speed only).

I've tried their helpline and FAQ, but can't seem to find out how to return
the download display on the main Usernet window.

Anyone any ideas ? Thanks in advance for any help which would be
appreciated.

Moke G.

Boomer

"Moke G" <(E-Mail Removed) .net> wrote in
news:Cgxyb.2643$(E-Mail Removed):

> Up to recently, I've been using Overnet for my file sharing with
> no problems at all. But suddenly, the other day, I opened up
> Usernet and discovered that the display had changed. It then
> showed the upload details only whereas before, it showed both my
> downloads AND uploads (uploads underneath the downloads).

I've got a question for you.

Overnet is a P2P program, right?

What does it have to do with usenet? Or am I confusing what you are
saying?

--
I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
-anOLDun

Moke G

Sorry -- for Usernet read Overnet !!! ( '....opened up Usernet and
discovered.....')

Moke G. (confused).

Boomer

"Moke G" <(E-Mail Removed) .net> wrote in
news:dBxyb.2833$(E-Mail Removed):

> Sorry -- for Usernet read Overnet !!! ( '....opened up Usernet and
> discovered.....')
>

> Moke G. (confused).

Maybe contact them? It might be a bug.
http://www.edonkey2000.com/contact.html

Moke G

Thanks boomer -- will try that and let you know.

Moke G.

news:3fcaa6d0$0$31364$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> "Moke G" <(E-Mail Removed) .net> wrote in
> news:dBxyb.2833$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Sorry -- for Usernet read Overnet !!! ( '....opened up Usernet and
> > discovered.....')
> >

> > Moke G. (confused).

> Maybe contact them? It might be a bug.
> http://www.edonkey2000.com/contact.html

Boomer

"Moke G" <(E-Mail Removed) .net> wrote in
news:XMxyb.2658$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks boomer -- will try that and let you know.
>

> Moke G.

You're welcome.

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fcaa6d0$0$31364$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
>> "Moke G" <(E-Mail Removed) .net> wrote in
>> news:dBxyb.2833$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > Sorry -- for Usernet read Overnet !!! ( '....opened up Usernet and
>> > discovered.....')
>> >

>> > Moke G. (confused).

>> Maybe contact them? It might be a bug.
>> http://www.edonkey2000.com/contact.html

Moke G

As promised, here is the link to the Overnet forum where I posted my request
for assistance. The solution to the problem is given there.

http://forum.overnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=55516

Moke G.

news:3fcaaaca$0$31364$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...