Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Booting Up

Booting Up

Billy

A friend has a PC runing Windows 95.
Almost no day to day maintenance or cleaning has been done on it.
256 MB of Ram and I suspect a Pentium 2 of about 1 Gb.
One could get half way through War and Peace whilst waiting for the thing to
boot up.
That is of course if one didnt succumb to deafness first due to the
incessant whirring,whizzing and clicking from the HDD.
I suspect it is running the entire Microsofty Back Catalogue of Runing
Programmes...
Any suggestions on a quick and reliable method of speeding the damn thing
up.........

Boomer

"Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bqe2cv$22a0j8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> A friend has a PC runing Windows 95.
> Almost no day to day maintenance or cleaning has been done on it.
> 256 MB of Ram and I suspect a Pentium 2 of about 1 Gb.
> One could get half way through War and Peace whilst waiting for
> the thing to boot up.
> That is of course if one didnt succumb to deafness first due to
> the incessant whirring,whizzing and clicking from the HDD.
> I suspect it is running the entire Microsofty Back Catalogue of
> Runing Programmes...
> Any suggestions on a quick and reliable method of speeding the
> damn thing up.........

Mentioned here a few times...

°Mike°'s "Basic computer maintenance"

I need to go lie down in a darkened room.
-anOLDun

Rob K

"Billy" a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
> A friend has a PC runing Windows 95.
> Almost no day to day maintenance or cleaning has been done on it.
> 256 MB of Ram and I suspect a Pentium 2 of about 1 Gb.

1 Gigabyte ... oh never mind ...

busrage.com is a valid domain.
So either you're posting with a valid e-mail address, or you're causing
trouble (spam !) to others ....

Read this:

My E-mail address in ROT-13: