Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP Firewall/Internet Connection Firewall

Windows XP Firewall/Internet Connection Firewall

Anonymous

How in the heck do I permanently disable this? I have it disabled (or the
boxes are un ticked) for all of my internet connection methods (currently
DSL and a dial up acct for emergency situations) and it still persists to
start up when windows starts, blocking outlook and in some cases internet
explorer from doing their jobs as well as other internet relied-on programs
i use. any help appreciated.

George Richards

Anonymous wrote:
> How in the heck do I permanently disable this? I have it disabled (or
> the boxes are un ticked) for all of my internet connection methods
> (currently DSL and a dial up acct for emergency situations) and it
> still persists to start up when windows starts, blocking outlook and
> in some cases internet explorer from doing their jobs as well as
> other internet relied-on programs i use. any help appreciated.

This doesn't sound like the Windows XP's "Internet Connection Firewall". The
ICF only blocks inbound traffic, it isn't capable of blocking outbound
communications (ie. Outlook or Internet Explorer).

From the information that you have provided, it would appear that you have a
third-party firewall (ZoneAlarm, Outpost, Norton etc.) installed. Instead of
disabling it, you should try configuring it to allow trusted programs to
access the internet.
--
HTH

Anonymous

Yep you're right. turned out to be neotrace/neowatch (NWService.exe). Thanx
for the info.

news:t9wyb.3431$(E-Mail Removed).. .