Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Backup Outlook XP personal folders

Backup Outlook XP personal folders

Alan Franzi

Hello,
I am running outlook XP on windows XP.
I am confused about the most efficient/simple way to backup the personal
folders on another disk and then how they can be restored if need be. Is
there a folder or way that to backup all the content or do I need to archive
or export each folder?
Thanks for any help you can give.

AJF

rifleman

"Alan Franzi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:avqyb.132568$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I am running outlook XP on windows XP.
> I am confused about the most efficient/simple way to backup the personal
> folders on another disk and then how they can be restored if need be. Is
> there a folder or way that to backup all the content or do I need to

archive
> or export each folder?
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> AJF

Outlook only has ONE file - it has the extension pst. make a copy of that.

If you are using Outlook EXPRESS ( and the two are COMPLETELY different
programs) try here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm

Liz

"Alan Franzi" wrote
> Hello,
> I am running outlook XP on windows XP.
> I am confused about the most efficient/simple way to backup the personal
> folders on another disk and then how they can be restored if need be. Is
> there a folder or way that to backup all the content or do I need to archive
> or export each folder?

PST file is the file Outlook uses to store it's items in for all
accounts other than an Exchange account. Close Outlook before
copying a PST file. You can back-up to CD-ROM, an Outlook
PST file can become very large.

Outlook Backup/Restore Tutorial.
http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm

By the way, download and install the PST back-up add-in from
Microsoft, it's an automated backup application for Outlook
2000/2002/2003 users. The Personal Folders Backup creates
backup copies of your .PST files at regular intervals, making it
easy to keep all of your Outlook folders safely backed up.

Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Backup
http://tinyurl.com/peq8