Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HP PSC 2100 install problems with Win98

HP PSC 2100 install problems with Win98

jeff

I've been trying to reinstall my HP PSC 2100 all-in-one printer and
have been continually running into the same problem. The printer will
get halfway through the install (actually, to 59%). I'll get an HP
screen asking me to connect USB and plug in, which I do. As soon as I
do, the Windows installer kicks in and wants to search for drivers. At
this point I've tried ignoring the message, simply clicking "next" and
"finish," and every other permutation you can imagine. I've run HP's
"scrubber" utility, tried different sequences for install, etc, etc.
I've downloaded HP's version of their updated drivers, which is a 172
MB file containing a "web-based" install and the drivers, supposedly.
After the aborted install, when I reboot Windows recognizes that the
printer is hooked up, but can't find drivers for it anywhere, even on
the install CD.

Is there a way to simply download the specific .inf file somewhere? Do
I have other problems?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.