Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > To add or delete an icon in Taskbar

To add or delete an icon in Taskbar

tan

Hi all,
Is there anyway to add or delete an icon shown in TASKBAR?
Thank you for your kind advice.

David Wood

> Hi all,
> Is there anyway to add or delete an icon shown in TASKBAR?
> Thank you for your kind advice.

Are you talking about the quick launch bar, usually right next to the
Start button? If so, just make a shortcut of whatever you want to add
to it, and then drag that shortcut down to the bar where the other icons
are. If you want to remove something, just right click on it and delete.

tan

"David Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> > Is there anyway to add or delete an icon shown in TASKBAR?
> > Thank you for your kind advice.

> Are you talking about the quick launch bar, usually right next to the
> Start button? If so, just make a shortcut of whatever you want to add
> to it, and then drag that shortcut down to the bar where the other icons
> are. If you want to remove something, just right click on it and delete.

I am not sure what bar it is named. What I mean is that the icons at the
extreme right of the Start Button where the clock icon is.
Thanks

°Mike°

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:56:09 +0800, in
<bqc2td$4fd$(E-Mail Removed)>
tan scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

tan wrote:

> "David Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi all,
>>> Is there anyway to add or delete an icon shown in TASKBAR?
>>> Thank you for your kind advice.

>> Are you talking about the quick launch bar, usually right next to the
>> Start button? If so, just make a shortcut of whatever you want to
>> add to it, and then drag that shortcut down to the bar where the
>> other icons are. If you want to remove something, just right click
>> on it and delete.

> I am not sure what bar it is named. What I mean is that the icons at
> the extreme right of the Start Button where the clock icon is.
> Thanks

That's the system tray; or systray. Most often, there will be
something in the "options" section of individual programs to show an
icon there or not. Sometimes, not.
There are programs (many freeware) to modify tho over-all
appearance of the systray, including the options to minimize an open
program to there, hide all the icons, change the tray to a pop-up menu,
etc.
--
"Depends what you want to do."